Highlight the issues in Cluster Computing?

According to
Designer prospective,
Engineer prospective,

and
Facility provider prospective.
Anyone have idea about these please let me know.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Some of the issues, from a user perspective:

1) The connection speed between nodes can be a bottleneck. If the connection speed is not supreme (read Mellanox like), the processing speed of the individual nodes does not matter since most of the jobs are decomposed on several connected nodes.

2) Scheduling of jobs (in case of multi-user environments) can be a pain.

3) Clusters support only certain versions of Linux (this is not such a big issue).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am wondering what's the easiest mode of making payments for Indian customers. When I look at various reports from eCommerce companies, it looks like people still prefer Cash on...
A research team from the University of Surrey has managed to transform light resistant graphene sheets into heliophilic graphene, which is capable of absorbing a staggering 90% of the incident...
Idea cellular is sending texts announcing the launch of 4G services and I'm willing to give them a try (before the big daddy Reliance Jionet sets its foot). The latest...
MIT engineers have devised the thinnest ever solar cell which is as light as a soap bubble! This breakthrough achievement might completely revolutionize the contemporary trend of miniaturizing technology. In...
Dr Matthew Philips and his team from the HRL laboratories has successfully incorporated brain activity patterns of commercial and military pilots inside a novice test subject, having little idea regarding...