Higher Studies in Aero stream

I have completed BE Aeronautical. I want to pursue ME in that field or other related field.Due to some circumstances I couldn't write gate exam. Can somebody plz tell me what are the colleges that i can apply for in India apart from IITs for my higher education. Someone plz guide me.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Where did you complete your BE from? How about your acads? The reason I ask is because you should get a real shot at IITs, and if not, there is a world open for your field abroad! I always wanted to do Aeronautical/Aerospace, but was somehow never good enough to crack AIEEE/JEE (never studied enough).
  • Subashree Baskaran
    Subashree Baskaran
    I completed BE at a private college affliated to Anna University. I have secured 9 CGPA. The reason i couldn't pursue higher studies abroad is because of financial constraints and job security concerns over there(some of my friends' brothers did MS in USA and Canada and are struggling for job).
    I also couldn't write GATE exam due to my mom's health. That's why i want to know if it is worth doing in any other universities in India like VIT, SRM, Sastra etc.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    9 gpa is extremely good. You can get complete funding at some of the top univs in the USA ( no payment of fees and besides you get sufficient pay every month). You can target top universities and if your statement of purpose and research interests align with a professor, you are all set. Dont let finances be a constraint, you can always secure funding. Also, do explore Germany as an option. Its cheap and as quality as the USA.
  • Subashree Baskaran
    Subashree Baskaran
    Thanks a lot for your encouraging words.
    I am thinking of trying in VIT and BITS. How good is the scope of MTech from these colleges.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    I would not know anythibg about these colleges, nor the M.Tech program they have.
  • Subashree Baskaran
    Subashree Baskaran
    If I want to try for foreign universities where should i begin my search? Is there any specific website for knowing the details of the universities for the program i desire?
    Also if I complete MS abroad will it be possible for me to secure a job on returning to India?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Very good questions. You can begin searching good programs on edulix.com (it is a forum like crazyengineers, where people from various parts of the country share their profiles and seniors who have attended foreign universities guide them. It is an excellent and free source of information and guidance on foreign education.) I used edix extensively during my application stage. Another good source is usnewsand rankings. You can find usa university rankings for your field of interest here. Once you have shortlisted some programs, you can visit individual university page to find more about the research thrusts of the department and of individual professors. Once that is do e, post your shortlist to edulix and also on crazyengineers, people there and here can further help you out.

Secondly, you can also get a job abroad for some time as the experience would be far richer than in India. Afterwards, you can always return home. There are ample examples of people who did this.

The key is to not be intimidated by the financial aspect of foreign education. You can always get scholarships and if not, you can always get education loan. I did not get scholarship but was able to repay most of my loan pretty quickly. It all depends wgere you study and how you study.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    * I do not want to persuade you to go for foreign education. I understand people have different problems because of which they prefer staying in India. It is just that I have also seen examples of talented students not applying for masters abroad because of misconceptions. Use your best judgment in this case, I am just opening up options based on my personal experience.
  • Subashree Baskaran
    Subashree Baskaran
    Thanks for sharing your opinions. I have started my search.If I am struck anywhere I will message you. Please do guide me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I know we Indians usually don't purchase digital copy of game because of simple logic "Why to pay when torrents are providing us for free?" Still, there might be some...
After the well scrutinized success of Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus in India, many new smartphone companies have become confident that Indian market is the appropriate place to establish themselves. The...
Project Abstract / Summary : · This Project is used to elaborate the predetermined technique (cloud techniques) but with higher monitoring and processing capabilities. · This project is used for...
Quote: The spacecraft in question is called LISA Pathfinder, and in common with jewellery, it will contain a significant quantity of precious metal when it blasts off from ESA’s spaceport...
Quote: Experts answer your questions on the emerging field of 3D bioprinting. While 3D printing becomes more established within the manufacturing sector, one of its most exciting uses, to create...