Help with Mohr's Circle

If I am given the following information:

From strain gauge readings taken at a point within a structure under plane stress conditions, it was found that the stresses with respect to a set of X-Y co-ordinate axes were σx = 65N/mm2, σy = −25N/mm2 and τxy = 35N/mm2.

How does one go about to determine the direct and shear stresses acting on a plane at an angle of 30˚ to the Y-axis using Mohr's Graphical construction?

Any type of help would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This tutorial from IIT is quite informative (you may have already seen it):
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, I need help in making a project on Marker-less Augmented Reality for my Final Year Project for Bachelor of Computer Applications. Good with programming and work on languages...
In a move to take over its competitors, Sony made a huge announcement this week at the E3 Gaming Trade Show held at LA. The Japanese company known for one...
Quote: Google is your portal to everything out there on the World Wide Web...but also your portal to more and more of your personal stuff, from the location of your...
Born with the entrepreneurial keeda, Angad Jagtiani went straight to work at his brother's startup after graduating as a computer engineer. Today, he runs his own venture called 'Dot' a...
Forget your quad-core or octa-core CPU setup because the graduate students at the UC Davis Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering have built a microchip containing 1000 programmable processor cores...