How to stop tweets appearing on timeline without unfollowing on Twitter?

In case you might not have noticed, Facebook has a nice feature. You can be friends with anyone and if you want to avoid all their unnecessary shares, status messages and photos on your timeline you can go to their page and select unselect the follow button. This makes sure that you still remain friends on Facebook without having to deal with all the nonsense and most importantly your friend remains happy since you are still friends with him/her.

The problem I face is how to apply this feature on Twitter. Ever since IPL began I am getting a huge number of tweets on my timeline from friends and that is irritating. I cannot unfollow them as they will know about it when I try to follow them back once IPL is over. So is there a way I can do this?

Any help will be appreciated since I love Twitter more than Facebook.

Replies

• smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    I searched and found that at best you could disable notifications until the match/matches are over.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Do you have an apple device?

If yes, there is an app "My Tweet Pal".
    This app will allow you, finds the most interesting tweets in your Twitter timeline for you to read. The app’s objective is to get rid of the noise from your timeline by hand-picking tweets.

If you not have an apple device - un-follow them simply from your following list; there are quite a good chance that they wont notice until they check you in followers list; Probably Twitter has stopped sending the notifications that some one has un-followed you.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You can start using TweetDeck -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Using this service from Twitter, you can organize and build custom timelines, so that only the stuff you want to read appears on your timeline.

You can also use the Twitter's 'List' feature to make personalized lists of people from whom you want the tweets to appear. Lists can be created and deleted the way we want.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I was using #-Link-Snipped-# 's advise by using TweetDeck but now Twitter has introduced a Mute button to solve my problems.
    www.crazyengineers.com/threads/twitter’s-new-mute-function-helps-you-shut-up-rants-by-friends.74819/

PS: Thanks to #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# for taking out time to address my query.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has been brave enough to revive quirky handsets. In the recent past it brought back flip phones and now it has announced the launch of an updated version of...
Hi All, I am looking for JOB in VLSI domain. Can you help me in this regard. I am attaching my cv. My brief bio-data. Myself, Nirupam Jana, have completed...
Vote for the candidate that you think can shape/ is shaping India's polity. This is just a fun vote. Let us do an internal CE survey. Remember this is only...
Sony, the leading manufacturer of smartphones, tablets and cameras and launched yet another new app for photography buffs with a Sony Xperia smartphone. Called the 'Background Defocus' app, the company...
If like us you love Pinterest app for iOS and Android, here's a great new feature to make your life a tad easier. Pinterest has announced 'Guided Search' - a...