[help]purchase from sparkfun

hello,

i want to purchase from sparkfun, dont know how to buy.
the prices are in dollars and what about the import duty and other taxes ?

btw, thanks

rahul

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    hey Rahul,
    basically what you want to buy?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You can use credit card or Paypal.

Import payments vary from country to country, and are payable to Customs, not Sparkfun. What you pay Sparkfun is only the product and shipping costs.

You can try checking the website of the local customs, and see the list of tariffs. Sparkfun ships their products usually under the label of "hobby electronics", which is more akin to toys rather than sophisticated electronic components. Most likely the customs will let it through without any taxes or permits.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Better check with your local customs office to get an idea of about how much the duty will be for the product you want to buy..
  • gohm
    gohm
    Also, reach out to the vendor as I am sure they have experience in the matter.
  • rahuljin
    rahuljin
    actually i want to get the lcd breakout board. i am from india. i dont have credit card or payplay account.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    That should be available locally! Are you talking about the monochrome LCD screen?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rahuljin
    rahuljin
    no, i want to get the nokia coloured lcd breakout board.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I suppose you've been to this one?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

It should be easy to interface, even though there is no obvious breakout connections. The connector is available for sale too. The price looks pretty attractive.

I don't think it's worth to get it from Sparkfun if you can get it locally. The standard shipment price from there is around $30, on top of the $35 for the LCD breakout board.
  • rahuljin
    rahuljin
    the main problem is that i have the lcd and the connector
    #-Link-Snipped-#

but the connect is so small that it is impossible for me to solder it.
  • ram_tenet
    ram_tenet
    Hi,
    You can procure sparkfun products in INDIA from !

, we have free technical support offers!

--ram
  • gohm
    gohm
    If you wish to advertise with us, you need to go through the site administrator.
  • revamp
    revamp
    tenettech.com - the official distributor for sparkfun products in bangalore,india

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone im alo a 2nd year student from NIT silchar i need a topic for project in civil engineering for this ummer vacation plz help soon thnx in advance
Just tell me something about engine(CHEMURE) which doesn't use petrol and emits pollution.
Tesla motors will soon unveil a new model car for $40,000usd in 2010 called the "s" which will be an aluminium four door saloon no longer based on the Lotus...
Hi guys.. I am doing a project titled " Petrol adulterant indicator" which indicates how much the petrol or diesel is adulterated(if so) when u go for fuel in a...
Hi to all I am 3rd year student in Mechanical.I have a project in car.I must to measure temperature of brakes,braking pressure and acceleration/deceleration.All this sensor ,braking pressure valves and...