Help needed on App development - Duplicate File Remover

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and came across it while searching interesting project ideas. Some of them are really good and inspiring. I want to develop the following duplicate file remover idea suggested either as Windows software or Android App. I have never developed either before.

Can anyone guide me through how to do it? I have experience in C and Java and have developed web application using Java. Also I'm eager to learn anything new to do it.

Duplicate File Remover( A real time software)
Have you ever copied the file in desktop before mailing. Than? The files remain there. Do you delete? Probably you copy the desptop file in a separate folder. In todays software world, there are several files which are stored at different locations. It consumes a lot of memory ( or disk space rather).

Write a software that runs a scheduled process ( in the night when you are not working) and groups the duplicate files. Like word document and similar files. Now the manager lets you know how many files are similar and what their similarity level is. You can take actions like deleting or migrating duplicate files to another folder for deleting them in future.
Looks simple????? Check out

Thanks,
Sakti

Replies

• Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Using OpenFileDialog class of .net ,you can scan properties of a file .
    1)Scan Files using it.
    2)Save File Info of different file format in different tables of database.
    3)For every file scan the table for that particular format.
    4)If properties matches ,then delete.
    and if you are doing it for you own interest then good ,but if you are making it for some personal use ,better download one .many of these kind of software are available in open source.
  • gary stella
    gary stella
    Delete duplicate files with ease!
    Try DuplicateFilesDeleter program and get rid of duplicate files.
    Thank you!
  • Larson Varuna
    Larson Varuna
    please try "Duplicate Files Deleter program" to remove duplicate files
  • Larson Varuna
    Larson Varuna
    sakti178
    Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum and came across it while searching interesting project ideas. Some of them are really good and inspiring. I want to develop the following duplicate file remover idea suggested either as Windows software or Android App. I have never developed either before.

Can anyone guide me through how to do it? I have experience in C and Java and have developed web application using Java. Also I'm eager to learn anything new to do it.

Have you ever copied the file in desktop before mailing. Than? The files remain there. Do you delete? Probably you copy the desptop file in a separate folder. In todays software world, there are several files which are stored at different locations. It consumes a lot of memory ( or disk space rather).

Write a software that runs a scheduled process ( in the night when you are not working) and groups the duplicate files. Like word document and similar files. Now the manager lets you know how many files are similar and what their similarity level is. You can take actions like deleting or migrating duplicate files to another folder for deleting them in future.

Thanks,
    Sakti

please try "Duplicate Files Deleter program" to remove duplicate files
  • xidra_butt
    xidra_butt
    sakti178
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    Sakti
    is this desktop app??
    can anyone help me in making this app

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian smartphone maker Xolo is known for wide variety of smartphones and tablets for consumers. The company has launched yet another device in this month and is called Xolo A1010....
Project Abstract / Summary : The war against climate change pitches mankind against a global threat that vastly eclipses that of terrorism in battles that have already claimed the lives...
as we known that frequency is directly proportional to distance each other but we consider an example, AM operates with low frequency range when compared with WiFi frequency but it...
Project Abstract / Summary : This project helps in communication with the hearing impaired. It converts the spoken language in english into the American Sign Language(ASL). Input- Word in english...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT : This project deals with the study of features of Electroencephalography (EEG).The effective classification of EEG used for brain computer interface and can be...