HELP! My Phone which 'Died' came back to Life!

Hi Folks, sit back on your chairs. Here's a real life incident that has (is) happened to me.

On October 5th evening, while making a call, my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) 's display just dies. I tried everything i could to get it to work. Didn't. I was lost. It had just been 1 year and 4 months since i bought the damn thing, and it gave up on me! The phone by itself was working, no issues to that based on the fact that I was able to hear the ringtone and also was able to see the lights working fine on the front left and right menu and back buttons.

So i concluded (after 3-4 days of retrial and also showing the phone to other 'experts') that the display has to be changed or else get a new device.

Being a human being from the 'Classes of Adopters: Innovators, Early, Late and Laggards - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com' to a product i decided to go ahead and buy the Moto E 2nd Generation.

Today after i got to know from Flipkart that my package has been delivered, a spur of the moment thought kept me thinking - what if my other phone also worked??...so just to try out, i turned it ON...not working...left it...

After an hour or so i just wanted to check if my secondary sim card would give any ringtone...and so i switched off, dismantled, inserted the secondary sim and restarted the phone, and to my HUGE SURPRISE, it worked! (I mean WTF!!!!!)

Now you might be wondering why i posted this on CE. I don't think anyone else would have had this experience after 2 weeks of thinking their phone's display was dead! So if anyone could throw some light on how the phone 'resurrected' its display I would be interested to know!

Thanks for listening.πŸ˜’πŸ˜–β˜•πŸ˜πŸ˜•

Replies

• lal
    lal
    😁
    Sometimes I feel, a lot of technology can be unreliable. I stress 'sometimes'. Things are becoming more complex (and better performing too) day by day.

Fifteen years back, a car could easily be push started in gear even if it had the battery disconnected. With the newest automatic transmissions and electronic ignition and valve controls, cannot even think about it 😁

Anyway, the display and main board of cellphones are mostly connected by means of a very thin ribbon cable. Snap in connectors at either or one end is used to make contacts for signal and power flow. Chances are that one contact of the plug was missing contact due to some loose connection or dust or some other unknown problem, who knows! 😁 But those chances are extremely rare. It could most probably be a damaged ribbon cable.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First of all, congratulations on your discovery πŸ˜‰ . It does happen; but rarely. You're lucky.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: The Dutch team who have grown the world's first burger in a lab say they hope to have a product on sale in five years. Researchers are to set...
hii, i m Nikesh Kumar, i am from Punjab. I hav done my BTech. In Mechanical Engineering with overall 72%. I want to do MS from Germany, but unable to...
If you aren’t interested in the upcoming Reliance LYF range of 4G LTE smartphones you might want to check out the new Intex Cloud Swift smartphone that also offers 4G...
Wickedleak has unveiled their offering, the Wammy Titan 5 just in time for the festive season. Wickedleak has tried to make the Wammy Titan 5 as attractive as possible by...
Warranty, servicing by authorised experts and insurance were some of the prime concerns for OnePlus 2 phone buyers in India. The Chinese smartphone maker, which takes India as its one...