Help in understanding RMU

Can someone who is working for distribution system tell me details and description regarding rmu (Ring main unit)

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    "Distribution networks are normally formed by interconnecting a number of ring shaped grids. Distribution transformers are then connected to the system by T-offs. Instead of specifying and selecting individual components required for a T-off, the required components are frequently available in an integrated package known as a ring-main unit (RMU).

Ring-main units normally consist of switches on both sides of the T-off, one to open the ring and another at the connection to the distribution transformer using one of the following:

- Switch and a fuse separately
    - Switch-fuse combination"
    Further information:
    Ring Circuit

• highvoltpower
    highvoltpower
    Ring main unit in electrical power distribution is a standard piece of switchgear comprising of switches for switching power cable rings of switches in series with fuses for the protection of distribution transformers. RMU is allow to install on medium voltage distribution network and mostly used work locally is main advantage particularly where limited panel space. It’s a fully automatic linking system. An Operation is only possible in case door is totally closed. for further info related to RMU please visit

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

suppose there's a load, connected to the plug through wires(----). Now, cut the wire in the middle like this (-- --), and attach two magnets, each to both the ends...
Hi guys.., do any of you know the companies that provide inplant training for civil engg. students in chennai ?? 😎

hi

Hi every1... I am new here..
HI I am soniya... I am doing my dissertation on " ENHANCED SECURITY FOR ONLINE EXAMS USING GROUP CRYPTOGRAPHY" which is a IEEE project. Can any1 please suggest me advances...
India's AirTel has successfully concluded its $10.7 billion deal to acquire the African assets of Kuwait's Zain, making it the world's fifth largest mobile phone services company. The transaction is...