Help! I am searching on behalf of my Mechanical Engineer Boyfriend!

Hey all you Mechanical Engineers, I wonder if any of you can help me??

My boyfriend is searching for a placement, and can't seem to find a list or database which gives this info. I really need to know, as the outcome decides where I will live next September for a year!

His words:

"I’m currently in the third year of an MEng mechanical engineering course at Kings and am looking for somewhere to do a placement next year in the automotive sector, ideally in motorcycles but I’m happy with cars or any automotive field. I’m having some trouble finding many companies who have this on offer (other than the obvious, e.g. Rolls Royce, Land Rover, Bentley, Jaguar, triumph) and my university is fairly rubbish with contacts in automotive. Can anyone help?"

I hope there's a place for him to do this placement which is somewhere nice eg beautiful place or near London, all the ones he's found out about seem to be in the Midlands.

Please Help!;-)

Thanks,
x

Replies

• orchidelic
    orchidelic
    Oops sorry The big K,
    Seem to have posted the thread in the wrong place.
    Hopefully someone here will have some ideas re placements,
    thanks😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oops sorry The big K,
    Seem to have posted the thread in the wrong place.
    Hopefully someone here will have some ideas re placements,
    thanks,
    No problem!

I suggest that you should register your profile on the job portals. I guess #-Link-Snipped-# is fairly popular for jobs in UK. If CEans from UK who are associated with automobile industry reading this thread, please post the names/URLs of company website for our friend's friend 😀

All the best!

-The Big K-
  • orchidelic
    orchidelic
    Thanks alot, i've just phoned him and told him about this forum/your response, and urged him to join, then he can ask relevant questions to you all.

So any URLs for the automotive industry (like you asked) would be really helpful.

;-)
  • JoeS
    JoeS
    Hi, it's me, the boyfriend.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, if only to get her off my back! (kidding)
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    JoeS
    Hi, it's me, the boyfriend.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, if only to get her off my back! (kidding)
    All the best!
  • varun_singh02
    varun_singh02
    orchidelic
    Hey all you Mechanical Engineers, I wonder if any of you can help me??

My boyfriend is searching for a placement, and can't seem to find a list or database which gives this info. I really need to know, as the outcome decides where I will live next September for a year!

His words:

"I’m currently in the third year of an MEng mechanical engineering course at Kings and am looking for somewhere to do a placement next year in the automotive sector, ideally in motorcycles but I’m happy with cars or any automotive field. I’m having some trouble finding many companies who have this on offer (other than the obvious, e.g. Rolls Royce, Land Rover, Bentley, Jaguar, triumph) and my university is fairly rubbish with contacts in automotive. Can anyone help?"

I hope there's a place for him to do this placement which is somewhere nice eg beautiful place or near London, all the ones he's found out about seem to be in the Midlands.

Please Help!;-)

Thanks,
    x
    look for this weeks "Employment news"
    there r sm ME jobs in it
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thread is too old and has been inactive since long. Closing it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, ...who got placed in various companies through campus placements - how about sharing your interview experiences? I believe this will benefit a good bunch of engineering students on CrazyEngineers...
CEans, I bet a good number of crazy engineers must be planning to take Common Admission Test in 2008. The test will (probably) be held in November 2008. So, how...
CEans, Everyday, lot of new members join our beloved website. Unfortunately, we still do not have a guide which will help the new members sail through the tedious (is it?)...

Hi

Hi I'm Kam123. Hope I'll find solutions to my problems & help others too. Take care
Hi folks can anybody ready to discuss on how to build our own jet engine?