Help about ubuntu 8.10: System hangs.

hi friends,

Now lot of engineers are using linux operating system for their PC.Yesterday i have installed Ubuntu operating system version 8.10 inside the windows in my laptop.It was completely installed.And that DVD was ejected from the driver. Then i restart the system. It get into the os but that os is hanging. i can't enter into that os.. The user name also doesn't appered on the screen... help me!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Can you see boot screen?Or does it hang before that?
  • spraba
    spraba
    no can't see boot screen... before that it hanged..
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Try these steps :

1.When you see boot menu,highlight the name of operating system you want to boot i.e
    Ubuntu 8.10, kernel 2.6.XX-X-generic

2.Press 'e'.You will see 3 lines as ,

root (hd0,5)
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.XX-X-generic root=UUID=0ee25dbb-0672-4574-ba1a-2e51f83b0820 ro quiet splash
    initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.XX-X-generic

3.Highlight second line i.e line kernel /boot/........

4.Again press 'e'.Now you can edit that line.Go to end of line and remove two words 'quite' and 'splash'.Press 'ENTER'.

5.Now press 'b' to boot.

Let me know if it works.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends, We are going to start social networking website. I need some suggestions from you all what will be in that site? If you need to share information means...
Guys if we connect any load across the voltmeter(any thing the changes the voltage) there will percentage error introduced in the voltmeter.Is there any way so that we can introduce...
CEans, I'm wondering we haven't had queries for mini,major project ideas by Chemical Engineers. Is it that chemical engineering students don't have a compulsory project in their curriculum? Can we...
This post (not necessarily a debate topic as such) is inspired from a comment left on my personal blog. I believe patriotism is grossly misunderstood term. I don't want to...
๐Ÿ˜ Hello everyone. This is Neha ,IT Engineer.