Hello, I need help with orkut profile

๐Ÿ˜•
I am having a problem logging into my Orkut profile. It is not that I am not being able to open it, I sure am. But the real problem starts here. The moment I open the profile using my 'Gmail ID', my previous conversations with my friends through 'Gmail Chat' fills my screen and is making me totally unable to access my 'Orkut' profile. I am not able to visit my communities, scrapbook or anything there. Whereas my 'Gmail Account' is working absolutely fine. Does anyone know the reason and a proper solution to this problem... Kindly Help....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Switch to facebook.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I got a better idea. Quit social networking all together *grin*

Maybe you can delete the chat archives from Gmail Chat?
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    You mean nothing can be done about it. I mean, I am not able to use my shift key. So, adding a question mark or exclamatory mark has become impossible for me. Is it because of some kind of virus. Will formatting help.
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    Hey ash, your second idea dint work. So, I guess I 'have to' quit orkut and try facebook like Big K said... Thanks both of you... [smiles]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, it wouldnt hurt to try an antivirus and anti-spyware scan.

Regarding the "shift" key, both of them (right one as well) dont work? Try checking the "One Screen Keyboard" software in Windows to see if its just a hardware issue.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally keep away from social networks ๐Ÿ˜‰ . By the way, search the forum for 'Orkut Virus'. We've had a discussions that might be relevant here.
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    Ahhh... Ash, just wanted to confirm. Is it 'One Screen Keyboard' or 'On Screen Keyboard'...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sorry, On-Screen Keyboard. You can access it by:
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > Accessibility
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    Yeah....!!! Got that done just now(as you can see)... One down, One more problem to go. Another friend of mine has come up with some idea. Am gonna try that now and if it works successfully, I will post the solution here so that others can check it when necessary for them. Let's hope for the best. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I see. Also, can you tell us what internet browser you are using?
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    Ok, it is of the version:6.0.2600.0000.xpclient.010817-1148... Too old....!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Internet Explorer 6? Whoa ๐Ÿ˜›

You better upgrade your browser, perhaps maybe to Firefox 3 (faster to install than IE). Then check if you still have the problem.
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    Hi.... I have got the solution to my problem.... All you have to do is follow the undergiven directions...

On top of your orkut home page .. (the place where you have your e-
    mail address) .. you'll find a drop-down arrow .. click on it and
    select offline .. that will solve the problem

Actually google integrated gtalk into orkut somewhere near december ..
    so while you're chatting .. (in case you're signed into gtalk in orkut
    too) .. the chats will pop-up on your orkut page too
    in case you're in a habit of using gtalk and orkut separately .. you
    can turn off this feature from orkut here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

And HOLA!!!!! Its done....... ๐Ÿ˜

Its nothing to do with viruses or IE version it seems (though like ash said, its hightime I update my IE version. You are right ash...) :smile: Thank you again....

======
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good troubleshooting work, roysenjuti! Thanks for posting the solutions ๐Ÿ˜€

I didn't realise Gtalk was integrated with Orkut. I dont think that kind of feature is available with other social networking sites, yea? I wonder what future plans Google has with Orkut?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, Myspace and Facebook have been testing their own messengers.

Orkut is way behind Facebook and Myspace. I guess Google earns some good money through ads in Orkut.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    by the way, what is Linked In considered as? Is it useful for working professionals?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, its networking for professionals. I was on it for some time and had lot of people in my list. But then I realized; all I did was send requests to people I've worked with and that's it.

I disabled my account and life didn't change a bit.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    biggie, check this out! An engineer's guide to social networking:

[youtube]59GSiHfG1EM[/youtube]

And.. he also did an engineers dating guide ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • roysenjuti
    roysenjuti
    Thanks ash...for the complement and the video as well... hahaha.... ๐Ÿ˜ from what it sounds biggie "hates" social networking i guess...especially 'orkut'.... is it so?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gaa! NI folks sponsor him! Man! NI Sponsor Us! ๐Ÿ˜

@Ash: I award you the title of Chief YouTube Video Inventor. Great find!

He said it right - Internet used to be a productive place and now, we've all hopes on CE ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    by the way, what is Linked In considered as? Is it useful for working professionals?
    Linkedin in useful. Yay! I use it purely for professional networking. It has benefited me a lot in business development. However for technical guys, it may not be more than that. Although there are communities and groups that are useful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need some power point presentations.
Hi friends... I've got two ideas for my project. But i think i need some assistance from u guys.. I din decide which one to take forward.... Stripe card reader...
This is actual private message I received today - hi, I'm studyin in second year ELECTRICAL engineering. I have to do one mini project this semister... I have not yet...
hi 2 all im new to this forum nd i am having some many dbts please clarify them clearly 1) what type of power is generating in the generating station...
We live in the woods in northern Maine about a ยฝ mile off the road with common winter temperatures many degrees below 0F. We heat only with wood. This works...