Heat energy production by quicklime and water

Dears,

All of us know that chemical reaction between calcium oxide (quicklime) with water will produce heat energy strongly by the following equation:

Cao + H2O = Ca(OH)2 -> releases heat energy

I have improved the reaction above to maximize the heat energy production with the following steps:

1. I use a plastic jar whose volume is around 65.53 cm3. I put into the jar 3 full spoons of quicklime. (The volume of the spoon is around 7.85 cm3)

2. Boil water

3. Fill in the remaining volume of the jar with boiled water

4. Then drop some floor cleaner liquid into the jar and shut it tightly

Result: After step 3, the mixture begins to bubble up and overflow severely. This results from the combination of 2 heat resources, one from the chemical reaction, and the other from the boiled water itself

Now we go to step 4. Here the additive to be used can be floor cleaner liquid as mentioned above, or dishwashing liquid, body wash etc..in general it is any foaming substance. By this, the seething mixture will be expanding more severely, and overflow the jar. Since the jar is shut tightly, the mixture itself and its heat are accumulated there, and results in the melting or breaking of the jar.

While step 3 upgrades the heat energy released by the chemical reaction to a very high level, step 4 itself is the turning point to force this energy breaking out most severely

Above is my way to create heat energy. The experts can consider it as a new method for energy solution. Just by a small jar with volume 65.35 cm3, I can create such significant amount of energy. If we use a larger amount, for example 1 kg of lime, the released amount of energy will be more terrible, in comparison with 1 kg of coal, or 1 m3 of petroleum, natural gas.

Forum members can talk more to me about this topic both here and through my email address, which can be found in my profile, or provided by admin user. Another way is calling me in Vietnam by phone number +84909021475

Nghiêm Bảo Thịnh (HCMC, Việt Nam)

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is no free lunch.
    The laws of thermodynamics cannot be violated.

1 kg of quick lime will yield about 270 kilo calories on hydration. Theoretically exactly the same amount of heat is required to produce the quick lime. Actually because of less than 100% efficiency is involved, more is needed.
    Adding a foaming agent only gives a visual effect. No extra energy is generated. Using boiling water implies the energy that already was consumed to boil the water.
    This reaction is used to produce canned food with a built in heat source for use in locations that do not have heat sources. It is not an economical way to generate energy.
  • Thinh Nghiem
    Thinh Nghiem
    Hi Ramani,

It's will be a way, since the resources of fuel in the worlds are exhausting
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The issue is that quicklime does not occur as such in nature. It has to be produced by calcining lime using conventional energy. The energy produced by slaking quicklime will always be less than that used to produce it in the first place.

You will only be using the dwindling fuel resources to develop a complex process to get less energy.

As mentioned, this is used to reheat canned food in locations without access to conventional fuel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i've heard that hp laptops are not as good as they used to be and dell laptops are better in comparison to hp laptops these days. is it really true?
Hi CEans I am using a airtel dth for past two years and I am experiencing problem here. If I am correct all the set top box would be equipped...
Everytime I try the subplot command in MATLAB command window, it says rectangular wave instead of showing the description about it. I tried reinstalling it but problem persists.
How to learn MYSQL?
To be clear, you won’t be getting any R2-D2 stuff, so don’t get your hopes ‘that high’. Having said that, a flying device that you can control via your iphone...