HCL Tech Joining Dates

HCL Tech had recruited from campuses in 2011 and it looks like while we approach the end of first quarter of 2013, the candidates have not yet received their respective joining dates. TOI is reporting that there have been protests by students against the company in major cities like Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. The HCL Tech representatives have however stood by what they've said -

We remain committed to have each individual with letters of intent from HCL join us. We have also shared that we will start communicating the dates of joining in August 2013 or even earlier, for positions across our lines of business .

Blame it on the fluctuating market conditions that several IT companies in India have been very selective in sending the joining dates to the candidates they made offer in the past two years. It is expected that HCL will send the joining dates around August this year, but nothing is official yet.

The general slowdown in the IT industry and the delay in joining dates has resulted in several candidates having to put off their higher study plans. I also learn that HCL Tech has introduced a new test for the candidates it has hired called "Front Runner Program (FRP)". It's an aptitude test comprising of questions on various programming languages.

The delayed joining dates have put candidates in a difficult situation. Having several months gap after graduation disqualifies them from having the 'fresher' tag and it limits their employability at entry level.

I wish to know whether we have CEans who've been recruited by HCL and are awaiting their joining dates. Tell us how are you dealing with the gap and what are your plans? It will definitely help others take right decision as well.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today by chance I got to watch Star Vijay(A tamil Channel) and the program Super singer was running.! to my surprise I saw a young man much in resemblence to...
I completed my polytechnic diploma after 10th in 2010 and was hired by an MNC. But now I have problems changing my JOB as every organization asks for 15 years...
Hi, I am Rajnish Matta, a Certified Ethical hacker, working in a MNC. I completed my Polytechnic Diploma in 2010 and was able to Fetch a job immediately. So far...
If you are looking for an online text editor that eliminates all the distractions and lets you focus on the content, then try out Draft - probably one of the...
Redbus.in - one of the leading online bus reservation services in India has updated its mobile app to offer live tracking of buses in India. Several bus operators in India...