Hawaaizaada | Movie showing invention of India's first unmanned plane

The movie depicting how, "Shivkar Bapuji Talpade", an Indian scholar who is supposed to have constructed and flown an unmanned air-plane in 1895.

Wiki link for - Shivkar Bapuji Talpade - Shivkar Bapuji Talpade

I feel very bad when I came to know about this fact (the invention) when I heard the news of movie being released. In the books I read during my schools days, why this description was not given? At least this person's name should have been quoted somewhere!

Let me know if anybody watched it? I am happy with the story, casting but expecting a bit more technical details about the air-plane "Marut-Sakha" invented by Shivkar.

Above all - Feeling proud, being an Indian and sharing a membership of clan, Shivkar was a member of! Salute to this unsung saga of this Hero! 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This was discussed on CrazyEngineers: Who Made First Aeroplane ? . The movie, I heard, has done bad job of focusing on love story and keeping the main thing on #2.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Helloo to all, i am bs chemical engineer and want to masters in mechanical engineering.is this combination is good.this make a good sense or i am not do that. Plz...
I am a final year BE EC student,we are in a group doing project named "pothole and uneven road conditions detection" and preparing a prototype and want to implement it...
Turns out that WhatsApp is slowly rolling out voice calling features in the latest version of whatsapp to global users. The version you will have to install is 2.11.508, available...
Project Abstract / Summary : IN OUR DAILY LIFE, IN INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION , IN RAILWAY ENGINE AND FOR OTHER MANY APPLICATIONS, WE HAVE DONE A COMPARISION BETWEEN ELECTRICAL ENERGY AND...
Discussion of the month 2015 is an initiative to reward the best discussion created in any previous month. Unfortunately, there was no noteworthy discussion in the last month which could...