Have to present a seminar, but I fear English

I have to give seminar..but have a lot of fear about english..can u gv me any suggition???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Surya.Cse
    I have to give seminar..but have a lot of fear about english..can u gv me any suggition???
    Check if the organisers can allow you to speak the language you are most comfortable with. If they don't, you will have to go ahead with the best of your abilities. Start reading good books, novels and practice. It will take a few months before you will get good command over spoken English. There's no short-cut.
  • VASUNDHARA REDDY
    VASUNDHARA REDDY
    Be confident with whatever you are going to present.The best way to learn English is to practice talking in English.Read English novels,English newspapers or if you are bored of those, read some English articles about your favorite things or hobbies.Listen to someone speaking in English and if you have enough time watch English movies.Do not ignore talking in English.Talk to your peers and others in English.This may help you to overcome the fear while you are presenting.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Surya.Cse
    but have a lot of fear about english
    Many foreigners (Japanese, Chinese and even Germans) for whom English is not native come here and give talks in halting and often slightly wrong English. Provided the topic is interesting and the speaker has expertise in it, no serious audience will have problems.
    Just go ahead and give it. and do not give a damn about what people think or say.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's actually very funny in India. If you speak with Marathi, Gujarati or any 'Indian' accent, people will think you aren't 'smart'. But use Italian, Spanish, Japanese or such accent; and people will think it's exotic and romantic! 😨

India is yet to mentally come out of 200 years of slavery.
  • Surya.Cse
    Surya.Cse
    thnk u sir.....
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Practice in front of a mirror this might reduce stage fear. And always think that audience knows nothing about your topic (even though they know, think like this) this might gives you confident to speak more about your topic.
    Learnt this from my first seminar.
  • Surya.Cse
    Surya.Cse
    its really useful to me..thank u

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans As we all know crazyengineers.com is most informatic technical portal. I want to know that how can i get hired at crazyengineers.com, What technology should i need to...
The launch of Xiaomi Mi5 has been delayed multiple times. It was tipped in June this year that the Mi4 successor is all set to get a November release date....
I'm wondering if there's a way to use WHERE condition in SQL more than once. Here's what I'm trying to achieve:- Get the output in following format:- [Username] [Article Contributed...
Is any one had given Assistant Vigilance officer's exam of MAHADISCOM?
Hi All, mine is just curiosity in a field which is not mine (I'm a electronics eng. specialized in microwaves). The question is: would that be possible to build a...