Has Anyone Ever Tried Applying To A Job With A Very Creative Resume?

Let's face it: Typical resumes are boring. It's very boring to look at candidate's profile printed in black and white that's got the most common elements. It starts with your name, followed by summary, followed by experience, project information etc. I believe traditional resumes don't give a real idea of candidate's real persona.

I wonder whether anyone's ever created a creative resume - say a completely online resume with nice use of flash. Or a resume in the form of power point presentation OR a resume in the form of a story or timeline. If yes, how was your experience of using it?

Also, do you think one should create such a resume and stand out from the crowd? Or do you think the traditional resume creation is the only way to play it safe?

Replies

• eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    As far as typical job interviews are concerned I think the dry resumes are safe. The interviewers will be more used to the black and white structure, and creativity would probably intimidate them 😀

May be design/animation related jobs can actually have such resume? Not sure!
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Not much creative...but i have seen a guys resume.where his objective is as follows.."To reach Top"...thought a wow in his mind for his guts at that time.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    eternalthinker
    As far as typical job interviews are concerned I think the dry resumes are safe. The interviewers will be more used to the black and white structure, and creativity would probably intimidate them 😀

May be design/animation related jobs can actually have such resume? Not sure!
    Agree !
    Have a look at this creative work :- 30 Artistic and Creative Résumés | Webdesigner Depot Webdesigner Depot » Blog Archive
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think the definition of 'creative' is open to interpretation.

A black and white resume with the use of proper fonts, tables, horizontal and vertical alignments, use of symbols for depicting values and other content - can give the impression of 'diligence' in the content presented on a resume.

Writing all the content in bullet points without highlighting your strengths and skills is a bad idea in the over-competitive job market.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lecture Series on Robotics by Prof. P.Seshu, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT Bombay.
Lecture on Robotics by Prof. K. Kurien Issac, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay. Feel free to ask questions and discuss.
Lecture on Robotics by Prof.K.Kurien Issac, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT Bombay. Feel free to ask questions and discuss.
Lecture on Robotics by Prof.K.Kurien Issac, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT Bombay. Feel free to ask questions and discuss.
Lecture Series on Robotics by Prof.K.Kurien Issac, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT Bombay. Feel free to ask questions and discuss.