has anybody done cam and follower in solidworks?HEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP

please can u explain me the fields/inputs for cam profile that solidworks toolbox cams requires us to enter...i dont understand them...why does it make a cam with grooves..i do not want a cam with grooves...

there is an example from theory of machines by khurmi and gupta..by far the best book on machines(page 794 chapter 20 CAMs example 20.5)...plese see the cam profile generated using the given data(the required motion). i am unable to relate this to the cam toolbox in solidworks...u c it has prime circle,base circle,pitch circle,cam profile....whereas the cam tool box in solidworks requires inputs which i am unaware of and i am sure unless i understand cams in soliworks i cannot make a drawing which can be manufactured to my requirements..plz help me..the example is the same which i desire except that the follower should rise to an angle of 120 degreees instead of 20 degrees as given in the example...and i do not want to it dwell.actually i will couple this cam with a stepper motor..so u know it has pulses or steps of pre defined degrees..thank you...

plese help..i m desperate and running out of time..i was given this assignment a month back..and i have been groping and struggling doing this on solidworks..

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys, im pretty new, but i thought maybe i could share my question with you. I was looking for career trainings that can suit civil engineering and help me...
Small Talk Link: Professor Thomas Magnanti - Engineering, Education, Research And Beyond Your comments and views in this thread.
This is my second account in CE😀 I'm happy to be here.😀😀
Vodafone has filed a case against one of their customers, Dhaval Valia for posting the following message on his Facebook wall - “Finally got Vodafone to admit that across Mumbai...
Mechanical fingers mimic nature without electronics Mechanical fingers mimic nature without electronics | News | The Engineer Look, mom, no electronics! Just a marvel of mechanical ingenuity.