Happy Left Handers Day!

Wishing many HaPpy Returns of this special day to all the Left Handers!

13th August is Left Handers Day!
Way to go guys!! Rock on the world! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-

Replies

• DEP
    DEP
    left handers day ???

never heard of it. Any left handers CEans ???
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    There must be many of them! Enjoy your day!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEP
    left handers day ???

never heard of it. Any left handers CEans ???
    Of course ๐Ÿ˜!! ๐Ÿ˜ !!

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ha ha, happy Left Handers day! My mom's left handed. When we lived in UK, there was this one shop which is dedicated to left handed people. They had all sorts of products.. left handed notebooks, mugs, craft scissors, anti-clockwise clocks etc. My mom used to buy so much of them. The anti-clockwise clock was fun.. it always confused the guests that would come to the house when they wanted to know the time ๐Ÿ˜›

One thing I wondered. Why can't scissors be used well in both hands? Why is it difficult to cut using a right handed scissor with the left hand? Anyone know the physics behind it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess I'm the right ...err, left ๐Ÿ˜ person to answer that!

Just observe the blades of scissors - when you use the scissors with the right hand, they will form a better angle (how do I explain this?) that will put appropriate pressure on the object to be cut.

But when you hold the scissor in your left hand, the blades won't be able to put the pressure in the same way. That's why we cannot use the scissor with our left hand.

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh I see, makes sense, thanks! Maybe I do need to observe how I cut paper next time.. hmm. So is it possible to cut using the left hand if you find the proper angle?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...I can't say anything. I, myself haven't found the right angle yet ๐Ÿ˜›

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All Guitarist at CE, DO any of you have any idea which is a better guitar "Hobner or Hobmer" Or they are the same? Actually I am a newbie...
hi all, i was wondering why the arrangement of alphabet keys isnt in the order in which they actually are?? has it got something to do with typing speed? I...
Hi everyone, My name is Shane and I am from Philadelphia, PA. I am a software engineer and I also work part-time from home. Basically I just want to earn...
Hi All, There are many reasons that people decide to make money online. There are those who lost their jobs, stay at home moms, those who want to be their...
Hello to all members of this wonderful site! Our aim is to unite engineers across the world. Although I think majority of the members are from India, there are few...