'Green' Paper That Emits Light For Sustainable, Rollable Electronics

A team of researchers from the National Engineering Laboratory of Eco-Friendly Polymeric Materials at Sichuan University, China have been working on a transparent, foldable Quantum Dot Paper that emits light. The researchers believe that such a paper hold potential of paving way for the foldable electronics of the future. Imagine having a smartphone that you can roll up and carry around in your wallet. For the last decade, engineers and scientists have been exploring the development of eco-friendly light-weigh light-emitting devices. With the recent research work by these Chinese Polymeric Material engineers, there now is a way to develop a transparent photoluminescent nanocellulose paper that contains ZnSe quantum dot (QD) with high quantum yield as a functional filler.

Light-emitting-paper-paves-way-for-flexible-electronics

Most of the smart gadgets we know are rigid. The field of bendable electronics is only now catching up. Most advances in this field, however, rely on petroleum-based plastics and toxic materials. The Sichuan University researchers wanted to replace them with a greener way. They used wood flour infused with biocompatible quantum dots made out of zinc and selenium for a simple suction-filtration method to produce the green paper that glows at room temperature and can be easily rolled and unrolled without cracking.

If this technology and research work is introduced in mainstream electronics, flexible, foldable gadgets won't be too distant from reality. What are your thoughts about the new research? Share with us in comments below.

Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last month, Lava launched its Iris Alpha L smartphone and now the Indian mobile manufacturer has silently introduced two new entry-level smartphones- Iris 348 and Iris 349. Both the smartphones...
ISRO is developing a Rubidium based atomic clock to be used in its ambitious IRNSS aka Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System program, reports The Hindu. Atomic clocks are known world...
I was rejected at TCS during interview round about 4 months ago. Now I want to attend the interview and aptitude once again. Is this okay?
Hi, i have recently finished my final year BTech(Comp Sci and Technology) exams and am awaiting my results. I am planning to do a course in software testing from SEED....
Dear friends please send IS code for upvc windows? thanks kp