Great Indian Developer Summit: Awesome Discounts For CEans! [Don't Miss!]

Holy Kaw! This is AWESOME!

GIDS Organizers have special offer for CEans!

Visit this link: #-Link-Snipped-#

REGISTER HERE USING SPECIAL
CODE "GIDS09CENG" & AVAIL DISCOUNTS

35% OFF on participation fee for each one of the 3 co-located conference

30% OFF on the GIDS.Workshop Pass

GIDS .NET
Wed, April 22 2009
Standard Price: INR 2,999 (+10.3% ST)
Offer Price: INR 1,999 (+10.3% ST)

GIDS.Web
Thu, April 23 2009

GIDS.Java
Fri, April 24 2009

GIDS.Workshops
Sat, April 25 2009
Standard Price: INR 4,999 (+10.3% ST)
Offer Price: INR 3,499 (+10.3% ST)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ms. Poonam Sharma from Saltmarch (Organizers of The Great Indian Developer Summit) may join us to participate in discussions. If you have any questions, you may post them in this thread.

I guess CEans from Bangalore, Chennai & Hyderabad should not miss this opportunity. What say folks? Are you attending?
  • gohm
    gohm
    That is great! Lots of people should take advantage of that offer.
  • Saltmarch
    Saltmarch
    Yes, you read it right! We are extending special discounts to Crazy Engineers!

Acknowledged by THE HINDU, as India's biggest summit for the software developer ecosystem, GIDS is looked upon in India as the summit that brings several of the forward looking topics on Java/J2EE, Microsoft computing technologies, Rich Internet Applications (RIA), Web 2.0, Ajax, Agile, SOA, and Enterprise IT into one single summit right here in India. GIDS 2009, to be held 22-25 April 2009 in Bangalore, features 3 co-located conferences on Microsoft technologies (Apr 22), Rich Web (Apr 23) and Java (Apr 24), 1 exclusive day for in-depth workshops (Apr 25), a high-profile awards ceremony (Apr 25).

If you are a beginner, enthusiast or die hard fan of any of these technologies, then GIDS offers you the ultimate value in maximising your skills and knowing new people. The speaker line up includes project creators and experts such as Craig McClanahan (Java Studio Creator), Venkat Subramaniam (Agile Developer Founder), Ola Bini (JRuby Core Developer and Ruby), Dr. Jim Weber (SOA, REST), Jonas Jacobi (Founder of Kaazing), and several others; see #-Link-Snipped-#.

Beside the conference is the Great Indian Developer Awards that will be given away across 11 categories at an exclusive ‘awards evening’ at the Great Indian Developer Summit, April 25 2009. #-Link-Snipped-# until April 3 for the 100+ nominees shortlisted for Great Indian Developer Awards 2009. Nominees include Microsoft, JBoss, Adobe, Yahoo, Oracle, IBM, Sybase, Klocwork, Eclipse, Spring, Quest, 37 Signals, JUnit, phpBB, TYPO3, Nokia Symbian, jQuery, MySQL, SAP.

With the fast moving technology environment, it is extremely important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the industry; otherwise, you will be left behind without anyone even raising any eyebrow.

There are so many unique educational opportunities at the summit that you will be hard-pressed to find something you shouldn't attend. If you were on the fence before, get off and sign up. You’ll be glad you did.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome, Poonam 😀

Many thanks for the offer. The speaker lineup is very impressive. I am sure CEans will be interested in attending the meet!
  • Saltmarch
    Saltmarch
    Sure, the speakers gathering at GIDS 2009 are IT stalwarts and the delegates registered can't really wait to hear from Venkat.

Venkat Subramaniam will be speaking on Debugging Ajax, Agile Development, Test Driven Development in .NET, Programming Groovy

Developing Ajax applications is a lot of fun, up until things stop working. In addition to the general programming complexities, you need to deal with browser differences, JavaScript, and framework idiosyncrasies. alert() often helps only to get our blood pressure high. Agile practitioner Venkat Subramaniam is coming back this summer to India's biggest summit for the developer ecosystem - Great Indian Developer Summit (#-Link-Snipped-#) with a two-prong approach to debugging Ajax. The first is a proactive step towards testing and developing Ajax applications in smaller steps. Second, when bugs still manage to creep in, exploring what tools can help to fix those bugs and keep your BP normal at the same time.

The co-author of the award-winning book 'Practices of an Agile Developer' Grails, along with its facility to develop test driven, is a killer combination, along with agile development, for rapidly developing web applications. Venkat will teach how to develop fully functional web application in Grails while also utilizing other capabilities like
    Ajax.

Venkat will be covering some tricky features of Java, those that can trip you over, and also look at some ways to improve your Java code. He will also step through the benefits of using Groovy, its features, how you can take advantage of metaprogramming and intermix with Java.

The founder of Agile Developer, Inc., will also conduct two 3-hour workshops -- on developing a sample application using Test Driven Development and; differentiating between different Domain Specific Languages (DSLs), their characteristics and how to edit, parse, and validate external DSLs using Java based tools.

For details on all the speakers at GIDS 2009, visit #-Link-Snipped-# . For information on all sessions, see: #-Link-Snipped-# and workshops, see: #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • suyash
    suyash
    Am I the only CEan who's spending his / her weekend at B'lore for GIDS '09 ??
    Do let me know if anyone else is attending the Java Day on 24th April... maybe we can meet up there ...

@ Big K..

we can also have a new feedback thread as to how the overall experience went.. by the view of a fresher like me...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's up to CEans who attend. There was lot of interest in GIDS when we announced it. I'm not sure how many have enrolled. Poonam can update us on this.

If anyone is attending GIDS, please post here. CEans meet in Bangalore and attend the GIDS together!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

help me.... which one is better???? 1. flying or technical officer in defense-air force. OR 2. software engineer in a IT industry.
Is there any chance to make a shortcut for "set image size"?
hello all, I am a mechanical engineer but while discussing with a friend I have got a query regarding civil engineering. while constructing a beam one binds wire around steel.......
Hi all... I was just searching on net and found this site related to civil engineering and desire to become an civil engineer someday. I found this page on environmental...
ya i m a second year student .i need a help can you give me some innovative idea for idea presentation in our college.i belongs to electronics and instrumentation department...