'Grand Theft Auto V' Set To Break Fastest Selling Game Record

We all have been waiting for Grand Theft Auto V for more than a year with Rockstar Games putting up teasers quite often and building up the excitement. With it's release a couple of days back to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the sales are reaching new heights. First day sales for GTA V has went over $800 Million on Tuesday, which brings it to the race of becoming the fastest selling game in history. This revelation was done by Take-Two Interactive Software, is a game distributor which owns Rockstar Games and 2K Games. They also confirmed that this was the biggest one day sales for the company ever in its history.

Untitled-2
A few months ago, Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 had reached the sales mark of $1 Billion in 15 days which is the current record holder for fastest selling entertainment property to reach the $1 Billion milestone. The same record was previously held by Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 who were able to reach the same milestone in 16 days.

Though the sales look pretty delightful, producing Grand Theft Auto V was expensive and it cost around $265 Million for its production. Speculations indicate about 10-13 Million copies of the game to be sold, since Take-Two did not reveal how many copies were sold.

With GTA V close to release to its PC version and also Battlefield 4 coming soon, do you think that the hardware needs absent in most of the desktops or laptops, for such high end games are increasing everyday? Since most people don't have a mean machine loaded up with extreme graphic cards and processors, do you think that games developed should be made friendly to computers with lower specs?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes we are waiting for a GTA pc version .........
    We expect a good game with decent grapichs which will be able to run on a 1gb graphics card.Anything more than that----we may be forced to reduce the graphics,resolution,etc
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Graphics of GTA 5 is way too high for PC Gaming. I assume that some mid-range GPU will be able to run GTA 5 at lowest details.
    I hope that this is not a buggy port like GTA 4, else we have to wait for plenty of patches for smooth ride of GTA 5.

Anyways @#-Link-Snipped-# Just huge memory won't help. You'll need high clock frequency of GPU & even CPU. 1 GB is so 2011, you'll need 2 GB with DDR5 in order to run this game at low/med settings. (You'll need Titan or 9970 for Full HD highest detail experience. Wanna spend 50 grands on GPU ? )

Just take a look at gameplay in youtube, Graphics are so damn real !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm still struggling to get past the first stage of GTA IV 😲. The game fails to appeal me and excite me to move to the next level.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm still struggling to get past the first stage of GTA IV 😲. The game fails to appeal me and excite me to move to the next level.
    Nothing can beat San Andreas, right ? I would love to play GTA:SA again with current generation graphics.
    A year back when GTA 5 was announced by Rockstar games & few screenshots were released, I thought OG will be back as I saw black guy in BMX (one of the leaked photo). But sadly, it didn't.

Nothing can beat Ghetto life, Hip-hop/Rap, Gang-banging, Gats-busting, Gang fights & Real gangsta life. SA is best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung recently had launched its Galaxy Note 3 and now to set things right, Nvidia is here with the Tegra Note. It is a 7 inch pen-enabled Android tablet which...
Hi friends I have a big doubt Will any one clarify the exact definition of shared memory architecture.
Sony has now officially launched the Sony Smartwatch 2, the successor to the not-so-popular Sony Smartwatch. An extension of your smartphone, the SmartWatch 2 will show you the notifications that...
We've been receiving several queries about when will the next 'essay contest' be organized. This is surprising. We never thought there'd be so much interest in the essay competition. Do...
Micromax Mobile, the Indian consumer electronics manufacturer, is here to sizzle the tablet market with a new product called the Micromax Canvas Tablet P650. The smartphone maker has unveiled this...