Government Sector Jobs For Computer Science Engineers

I like to know career opportunities for BE, CSE passouts in Gov Sector.

So far I have found out these :
NIC
DRDO
OFB
HAL
ONGC
NTPC
GAIL
INDIAN OIL CORPORATION

Replies

• greatcoder
    greatcoder
    #-Link-Snipped-# I am also from CS branch and I want to say that in CS government jobs are very less.
    All above names have few seats for CS branch.
    People from ECE Electrical, Instrumentation etc have many opportunites for Gov jobs
  • avii
    avii
    ^yeah 😔
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Computer Science engineers can also find a job in ->

Bank Sector, Railway Department, Army, Navy, Air force

or companies like ->

cdac- center for development of advance computing
    npcc-national projects construction corporation limited
    bel - bharat electronics limited
    sail- steel authority of india limited
    nic- national informatics center
  • avii
    avii
    ^any idea about names of posts at Bel & Sail for CSE guys ?

and there are no openings at others you mentioned
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Computer Science Engineers can also find jobs Like Programmers, Assistant Programmers, Technical Officers, Scientific Officers in -

ECIL - Electronics Corporation of India Limited
    CBI - Central Bureau of Investigation
    IB - Intelligence Bureau
    NIA - National Investigation Agency
    ISRO - Indian Space Research Organization

As Akd said - Cs Engineers may join in Army, Navy, Air force, all the Crime departments, Investigation agencies, Law department, Police department. Not only these, almost every organization/company needs software Engineers; Irrespective of their sector 😀 👍
  • avii
    avii
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Thank you !!

but no openings in any of those :-/
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    avii
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Thank you !!

but no openings in any of those :-/
    Yup there are no vacancies available right now in few organizations. That's because very few months back(Sep-Jan) the vacancies for the years 2011 and 2012 were announced and the exams were conducted for SAIL, ECIL, IB, ISRO, CBI, ONGC as I know.

Anyway as per my knowledge I guess soon there will be some openings in IB, CBI. One thing I can say is keep an eye on the sites UPSC(Union Public Service Commission), SSC(Staff Selection Commission), #-Link-Snipped-#(Ministry of Home affairs).

The head ache with all these is there is VERY VERY VERY HUGE competition that you can't even imagine. And one more thing is It is Government management and hence some references and recommendations goes behind the scenes. However these are all secondary, we should do our work and give our best.

All the best 👍
  • avii
    avii
    No jobs were posted in ECIL, SAIL, ISRO & ONGC for CSE guys, I have been watching them. ISRO this year had openings for ECE guys & I think exam is next month [not sure though]

Will keep an eye on IB, CBI. Thanks for the tip 😀

What about you ? Are you still a grad ? finished ? job ? 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    The most important thing is you need GATE scores to get into NTPC, SAIL, IOC, ECIL et all.
  • avii
    avii
    ^there weren't openings at all in the companies for CSE guys, let me check again 😉
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    avii
    No jobs were posted in ECIL, SAIL, ISRO & ONGC for CSE guys, I have been watching them. ISRO this year had openings for ECE guys & I think exam is next month [not sure though]

Will keep an eye on IB, CBI. Thanks for the tip 😀

What about you ? Are you still a grad ? finished ? job ? 😀
    I'm a CS Engineer 2011 passed out,
    I myself took the tests for ECIL, SAIL, IB, EIL(Engineers India Limited) for management trainee positions, Junior Intelligence Officers(JIO), Assistant Central Intelligence Officers(ACIO) 3 months back 😀 Got the hall ticket for Assistant programmer for CBI a week back, but bunked the exam.

And no GATE scores were asked for these.
  • avii
    avii
    Then I must have checked them very late 😛

How did you find out about vacancy in CBI ? from their site itself or any other source ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    avii
    Then I must have checked them very late 😛

How did you find out about vacancy in CBI ? from their site itself or any other source ?
    Almost all the CBI vacancies mostly comes through UPSC or SSC since it is Central Government. Most of the Central government departments posts comes through public service commission. Only very few like Contract basis jobs, deputation basis, departmental jobs would come on their site, see here - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • avii
    avii
    Can you recall when, which month, they had called for Assistant Programmers ? Just a guess would do
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    avii
    Can you recall when, which month, they had called for Assistant Programmers ? Just a guess would do
    Sorry I couldn't remember because they'll take long time to issue the hall tickets after announcing the vacancies. But I can say that while applying I haven't completed my 4-2 sem. May be in Sep-Dec 2010. I've received the call letter this Feb 27th and the date of the exam was 4th of this month.
  • avii
    avii
    :O

They took 1 year ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    avii
    :O

They took 1 year ?
    Yes, it's common because as I told you Huge number of people apply for Central Government jobs, so they have to take care of dates, centers and all.
    Keep an eye here -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Recruitment | UPSC

But ECIL, SAIL, IB gives results in 2-3 months. They're not through UPSC.
  • priyanka3
    priyanka3
    Reya
    The most important thing is you need GATE scores to get into NTPC, SAIL, IOC, ECIL et all.
    Hi, there are so many latest jobs in government sector you can visit
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-#: There will be notifications for Indian Armed Forces Combined Defence Services Examination in June 1st week. You can apply there 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This was an interesting discussion. Did you find any information on this #-Link-Snipped-#

Some of the names that we have already established, include -

1. BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) www.bhel.com
    2. Railway recruitment board (RRB) RRCB, New Delhi
    3. HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) #-Link-Snipped-#
    4. Electronic cooperation of india limited(ECIL) www.ecil.co.in
    5. Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) Welcome to UPSC | UPSC
    6. SAIL(Steel Authority of India) Home | SAIL
    7. DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization) Defence Research and Development Organisation - DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Government of India
    8. MTNL www.mtnl.net.in
    Any new names to add to the list?
  • avii
    avii
    NO I have not.. will post once I get more details.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    ONGC is recruiting computer science graduate this year so hurry. Last Date 11.04.2014.

P.S : Not Applicable for I.T. Engineers

ONGC - India's Largest Crude Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Company - en - ongcindia.com
  • avii
    avii
    Vikram S Bargah
    ONGC is recruiting computer science graduate this year so hurry. Last Date 11.04.2014.

P.S : Not Applicable for I.T. Engineers

ONGC - India's Largest Crude Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Company - en - ongcindia.com
    I would rather not work for a company who cannot even maintain their site properly. Job descriptions reads 2013 and URL has 2014. #ThatIndianGovJob
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ok, here are some more names. Though there's no direct computer science work, there are IT domains for each of these companies and they do recruit CS/IT graduates -

1. Dakshin Gujarat Vij Company Ltd
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Odisha Power Generation Corporation
    ODISHA POWER GENERATION CORPORATION

3. Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited - Jharkhand
    Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited, Ranchi, India

4. Visakhapatnam Steel Plant
    #-Link-Snipped-#

5. Coal India Limited
    Coal India Limited

6. Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
    IndianOil | The Energy of India | Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
  • Sree Harsha Kari
    Sree Harsha Kari
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Computer Science engineers can also find a job in ->

Bank Sector, Railway Department, Army, Navy, Air force

or companies like ->

cdac- center for development of advance computing
    npcc-national projects construction corporation limited
    bel - bharat electronics limited
    sail- steel authority of india limited
    nic- national informatics center
    Hi
    i need to know the list of government jobs available for B.Tech/B.E students

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I like to work in industrial job becuz I hhave experince about 19 yrs. with Out door/ Indoor sub stations job with ABB co. , Civil constructions of Heavy foundations,...
Recently our web host announced that they're launching the SSD based servers that promises greater speeds. I have never used any SSD based device, so just wondering whether SSDs can...
hi all what is the relation between , the speed of the driving wheel of an automobile , to the speed of the automobile ? i am sure that the...
Thelma Estrin became the first woman president of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. A remarkable multifaceted woman, who did many interesting jobs in her career. Here is...
Here is an (animated) history of how animated GIFs began: https://www.engadget.com/2012/03/08/pbs-traces-the-history-of-animated-gifs-deal-with-it/