Got into second round of Intel Embedded Contest

Another year and another challenge. I am happy to share with you that I along with my wife Moumita Das have reached the phase 2 of
#-Link-Snipped-#

We are working on smart solution for Gas leakage prevention. Preliminary work can be seen here:

We would need to present a detailed case study about the work with concept, usage, a business plan. Hopefully we can reach the grand finale of the contest which would by some fun and an achievement worth remembering.

I would surely be looking forward to actually go and win it, but right now, our plan is just to nail the round 2. Thank you in advance for your wishes.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Congratulations ! It is really nice concept. Are you going to make the design better and speedy? I think motor speed need to be fast to close the valve.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Good show.
    I have used some Chinese made LPG solenoid valves in a deep fryer application. Is there any advantage in using a geared motor over a solenoid?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Ramani Sir, no specific advantage specifically, in fact I would prefer a solenoid valve over a motor assembly any day. But I want to offer an assembly with current LPG assembly for protection. With manual valve operated with motor, you can still operate the gas in case of power/system failure. Beside I am honestly bit skeptical about using one for Gas.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    #-Link-Snipped-# Ya Of course. This is an intial design for proposal. Once we reach grand finale, it needs to be redesigned purely on Intel Galileo.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rupam Das
    Ramani Sir, no specific advantage specifically, in fact I would prefer a solenoid valve over a motor assembly any day. But I want to offer an assembly with current LPG assembly for protection. With manual valve operated with motor, you can still operate the gas in case of power/system failure. Beside I am honestly bit skeptical about using one for Gas.
    Yeah it will need lot more care when it comes to electronic related to LPG.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Recently we found a situation where the leak happened at the outlet of the regulator. May be one can configure more than one detector, whichcan be periodically monitored.The alarm can then identify the leak location and still switch off the gas by the proposed mechanism.
  • lal
    lal
    That looks like a brushed DC motor (may be I'm worng). Wouldn't a brushless motor be better option? Brushes are prone to make sparks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new malware that goes by the name 'Bladabindi' has been found to have hit hundreds of computers in India and the Government of India's CERT-In or Computer Emergency Response...
Hello Friends. I want to join C-DAC for DAC course. therefore i want to go for for Pre-DAC in PUNE for C-Cat exam. So which is the best institute in...
Founded by Amarpreet Kalkat, Abhishek Vaid and Nishith Sharma in 2011, Frrole.com is a startup company that helps media and brands discover, filter and integrate the most insightful and relevant...
I just upgraded to OSX Yosemite and thought of switching over to the default Apple Mail application from Sparrow, the mail app that I absolutely love. After configuring my Gmail...
hey,is there any opportunity in your projects to work,if so can u inform me plz,to get hans on experience