GoT: 2 petabytes in 12 hours

2 petabytes is huge. Let us put things in perspective, at 768 kbps video, 128 kbs audio (like the iTMS videos), a two hour movie on an average is almost 800mb. A petabyte is equal to 1,073,741,824mb that is about 1,342,178 average movies. Still don’t get it, take a 7 min HD-TV video that is 1GB data or a standard DVD that is 4.7Gb, now there are a million gigabytes (GB) in a petabyte, 1,048,576GB to be exact. So a petabyte is a lot of data, in fact it is ‘13.3 YEARS of HD-TV video’ worth of data (now that is huge).

#-Link-Snipped-#

Yesterday saw the airing of the final episode for season four of "Game of Thrones". "The Children" ,the season finale of GoT season 4 , was the most watched GoT episode to date, hitting 7.1 million viewers . It was equally popular with pirates. It braked many torrenting records(pervious once also belonging to Got).​

According to Game of Thrones Season Finale Sets New Piracy Record * TorrentFreak , GoT’s s04e10 "The Children" roughly saw 1.5 million downloads in the first 12 hours of airing. That is around 2 petabytes of data in the first 12 hours of being on air (to people who say GoT is not the best TV-series ever I say eat this). The episode also broke the record for the largest 'swarm'(the largest amount of people sharing the same file) which belonged to "First of his Name"(GoT s04e05) having 207,054 people sharing but "The Children" managed a total of 254,114 sharers.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Now that the final episode has aired, the full season can be bought from Google Play for AU$34.99 in HD and in HD from Australian streaming service Quickflix at AU$33.99 and will be made available on iTunes soon.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    5 Million viewers arrested for Piracy of GoT S04e10 : #-Link-Snipped-#

I am safe, God bless India! 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    5 Million viewers arrested for Piracy of GoT S04e10 : #-Link-Snipped-#

I am safe, God bless India! 😀
    How can they arrest 5 Million people? 😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Basic Electronics: Part 2 Resistors 1. Its a electronic or electrical device that resist the flow of elctrons through the device. 2. They are passive devices that is they have...
Imagine yourself being tired of the scorching summer heat and eager for the pleasant experience of the first rain. What if you were told that all you need to do...
I have no clue if any of these is useful. Quote: Boost the chances of finding a lost phone, and sleep better starting tonight, with 10 life-changing lifehacks you can...
Mode, a start-up launched last year, raised $2 million as venture capital with an aim to create a GitHub like service for data scientists and analysts. To prevent the re-analysis...
Just found this during a random surf on the Internet, and I think it's quite awesome!