Google's Smart Contact Lens May Launch In 2019 Reveals Patent

Last year was full of wearable device launches that started making them more common than elite as one would've initially thought. One of such products that made it to the news was #-Link-Snipped-# designed to measure glucose levels by analyzing the tears in a diabetic person. Google has partnered with Novartis, the Swiss pharmaceutical company, to produce these contact lenses. Well, the interesting news is that a recently uncovered patent application shows that the Smart Contact Lens may be well on its track and hit the market by the year 2019.

In the patent application #-Link-Snipped-#) published on Thursday last week, Google describes packaging for an "eye-mountable device" with an anterior convex side and a posterior concave side, is packaged in a container having a base and a wall. This device is mounted mounted on a pedestal to elevate it from the base of the container.

If you think that's not enough hint towards the Google Contact Lens, well, you'll feel differently when you read further. In the patent's description it has been noted that the eye-mountable device 'may be configured to obtain health-related information based on at least one analyte' detected from an eye of a user wearing it.

google-contact-lens

The patents also talks about how and where the sensors will be mounted on the contact lens and the different ways of generating power from available light to communicate sensor readings to an app.

That's not all. From the reports gathered over the last year, it has come to light that Google is going to use its chip miniaturization technology along with the Novartis's enhanced know-how of physiology and visual performance of the eye to make the Google Contact Lens do a lot more than test blood sugar levels.

If rumors are to be believed, it is also possible that this smart lens could get some of features of Google Glass, specifically the camera. After all, Google's founders believe that as thinner and smaller electronics gets, the quality of life for millions of people could be improved with its applications.

What are your thoughts about the Google Smart Contact Lens and its potential uses? Share with us in comments below.

Source: Google Smart Contact Lens To Hit The Market Soon? | Tech Times

Replies

• swathipinky
    swathipinky
    its is really useful
  • v vijay kumar
    v vijay kumar
    very nice

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai.. I am Poombavai Sivamani.. I m doing my final year MCA in SNS college of Engineering, Coimbatore.. I have an elder sister who works in Cognizant as Associate engineer.....
In July 2014, Anisha and her friend Nupur Khanna started their own venture called Eatonomist. Their only motive was to provide lip-smacking gourmet meal options for customers who hope to...
zynq series chip of xilinx is ideal choice for implementation of embedded systems. with a FPGA IC and two ARM A9 Cores in on small IC they have any thing...
Hello, i have completed my BE in Chemical Engineering in this 2015 now i am planning for masters from USA.. so in field scope is better in masters looking forward...
Not everyone can click great photos that will attract likes and shares on Facebook; and Facebook knows that majority of your photos are totally boring. To jazz up your photos,...