Google Summer of Code 2009

Official Website: #-Link-Snipped-#

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program that offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source projects. Google will be working with several open source, free software, and technology-related groups to identify and fund several projects over a three month period. Historically, the program has brought together nearly 2,500 students with over 180 open source projects to create millions of lines of code. The program, which kicked off in #-Link-Snipped-#, is now in its fifth year. If you are feeling nostalgic or are interested in learning more about the projects we have worked with in the past, check out the #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# program pages.

While the majority of past student participants were enrolled in university Computer Science and Computer Engineering programs, GSoCers come from a wide variety of educational backgrounds, from computational biology to mining engineering. Many of our past participants had never participated in an open source project before GSoC; others used the GSoC stipend as an opportunity to concentrate fully on their existing open source coding activities over the summer. Many of our "graduates" have later become program mentors.

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Super cool. So where are the code developers? Guys use this opportunity.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess Google does it in all countries. If anyone's got information, please post it in this section!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    yep shalini this is the super opertunity for the Code developers and google giving them platform its really nice.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Really its nice.Whether this project already started for this year?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check the link I've given.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    this is an Excellent opportunity for people that too in Google.
  • fake_lover01
    fake_lover01
    really a very good opportunity for all students

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, The SWIFT code of a bank is an alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies your financial institution. SWIFT code is also known as BICor Bank Identifier Code. You do not...
Hi, This is a nice little game I wish to initiate. It's a regular event in all our college's tech fests. It's called How stuff works quiz. Questions will be...
CEans, I'm not a Computer Science engineer and do not have much exposure to highly scalable applications. However I'm interested in knowing the following - 1. Has anyone among us...
Alright, this is purely a pop of my evil brain :twisted: ; but rather an interesting one. I'm thinking of a self wheelieing motorcycle! Probably there are no practical uses...
i am a cse student and want to do paper presentation in digital image processing but i am confused abt it... it ll be nice to have ideas and suggestions...