Google sponsors Wine

Did any of you guys know this?

Google now sponsors Wine for further developments on the same. This is to support their software Picasa on Linux as well. God bless their souls!!

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Great, they're beating Windows 👍

When Wine get better everybody will switch to GNU/Linux

Good move from Google :smile:
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Yeah, they have gotten two guys from Codeweavers (the one that made Crossover) to work on the Wine project to ensure that Adobe Photoshop and CS2 run smoothly on Wine 😀
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    They have to focus on non-linear video editing program like Adobe Premeire & After Effects & Sony Vegas, this is the only negative in using GNU\Linux
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    MaRo, heres a follow-up link

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All right techies of the world, answer me this. Do you remember all the different types of normalization we learnt? 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, 4NF, 5NF (yes there is one), BCNF...
Can anyone shed more light on this? I know why it is needed and all that at a theoretical level itself. What I need to know more about is -...
hey friends, i need the details of mini projects that could be done on the plateform of vb and databases. i have heard about -----library management systems -----hotel management systems...
can we use gas turbines in automobiles in spite of engine if they are can anybody let me know more about them:sshhh::sshhh:
I would like to know wether we can earth the body of a DC machine just like that for a AC machine?If not could you please explain y its shouldnt...