Google Search AROUND(n) Operator

Not many know Google's AROUND(n) operator because it's mostly undocumented. This operator allows you search for documents where the distance between the search terms is around 'n'.

Note that this operator only works when you use it in ALL CAPS. Try the following search -

Try this search (click):-

Google

It will show you results with keywords containing keywords 'crazy' and 'engineers' with about 2 elements in between. This is especially useful when you're searching for quotes, or saying et al.

According to the Mr. Daniel M. Russell, creator of AROUND(n) operator has existed since 5-6 years; but no one really bothered about it.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey again, I pretty much told use what i was doing for my project in my other thread. Erm, I think it was Ash that mentioned doing some sort of...
I am working on a small software project which is almost complete now. To deploy the application we need a software licence agreement. I have a few queries as follows:...
hello sir i need final year projects on telecom(NEW Projects-2010) please help me
A milkman has 3 Drums. ( 8 ltr, 5 ltr, 3 ltr). He doesn't have any accessories to measure the Milk. Now, the 8 ltr Drum is full of milk...
A soldier in Afghanistan received a letter from his girlfriend back home. It read as follows: Dear Ricky, I can no longer continue our relationship. The distance between us is...