Google Maps Now Allows You To Mark Places Using Personalized Icons

On 18th March, Google Maps announced their new update to Google Maps. Now, the Android users of the same can use customized icons to mark and save the addresses of their home, workplace or any other place on Google Maps.

The benefit of using customized markers, besides being easily identifiable is that by using the ‘driving mode’, the users can have a one tap access to the driving directions to and from the place. This is a useful feature especially if a user is new to the place and needs to commute regularly. If you use public transport to commute between your home and place of work, then the added benefit of this feature is that you can access ‘real-time’ transportation information.

google_maps_personalized_marker_update_1

You can even mark a label/tag on places other than home and work on the map. Then you can, without any hassle, look for directions with minimum traffic, or when the next bus is arriving to take you to your destination.

Of course, since the markers are personalized, in order to add them on the map, you need to sign in through your Google account. If you are adding the label for the first time, then just type in the address or visit the ‘Your Places’ tab, locate the place on the Maps and add the label. Once setup, all you need to do is type the label in the search bar and let the navigation do the rest.

Although it is small, but it seems a like a significant update in Maps. May the ‘plus’ be with you Google. What do you think about this update? Please share your views with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello there, I have qualified Gate (EC) 2016 but with a very low score just on the edge of qualifying marks. What should I do now? I am 2013 passout....
Automobile engineers are concerned about high efficiency engines. However, current thinking is to save the environment by lighter vehicles and alternate energies to run them. This article investigates current thoughts...
Hi, This is Sonali,you guys are doing great job its really helpgul for students.i also have query regarding my career . i am persuing BE(computer engineering) and have 2 yr...
On the occasion of turning 10, it seems that Twitter has decided to bring some changes in the way it works. The first of its change is that on 15th...
Hi all, I am currently working in an organization, at the time of accepting the offer I have signed 2 years bond, In that they have mentioned like if the...