Google Lively

Looks like the 'SecondLife' fever has bitten Google ๐Ÿ˜‰

Google has come up with its own 3D world called lively: Check it out here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh noes!! This stuff is worse than social networking! We gotta stop this plague! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Oh noes!! This stuff is worse than social networking! We gotta stop this plague! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Worse?

Do you know how popular SecondLife is? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah!!secondlife allows us to lead our dream life,but i dont think it will be as popular as orkut!!!
  • sonasathish
    sonasathish
    The_Big_K
    Looks like the 'SecondLife' fever has bitten Google ๐Ÿ˜‰

Google has come up with its own 3D world called lively: Check it out here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    May i know what is this all about?๐Ÿ˜’
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    What's so bad about lively and second life? I was in fact trying to get in touch with Second Life for business with my employer ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Worse?

Do you know how popular SecondLife is? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Well, I dont doubt its popularity. But social networking is "popular" too, and you can still say they are bad ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was reading somewhere that using Second Life can enhance real life social skills. Thats totally bull! ๐Ÿ˜› Oh well, it might work for some REALLY shy and anti-social people.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Well, I dont doubt its popularity. But social networking is "popular" too, and you can still say they are bad ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was reading somewhere that using Second Life can enhance real life social skills. Thats totally bull! ๐Ÿ˜› Oh well, it might work for some REALLY shy and anti-social people.
    Well, you know what? I think the same! Social networking is for people who don't have life ( aaa ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ).

I've seen people spend whole day writing messages on social networks than picking up the phone and calling your best buddy.

But this 3D thing is going to be very popular. Imagine the possibilities in 'second life' you could sell/buy virtual real estate - and there's no limit !
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Well, you know what? I think the same! Social networking is for people who don't have life ( aaa ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ).

I've seen people spend whole day writing messages on social networks than picking up the phone and calling your best buddy.

But this 3D thing is going to be very popular. Imagine the possibilities in 'second life' you could sell/buy virtual real estate - and there's no limit !
    Hey Biggi, Ash...

Do you guys know that people are working to convert the second life money in real life..?

Second life is awesome... If google will be able to make Lively near to second life.. it would be great.

-Crazy
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Indeed.. but what if people get too attached to it? Having a "real" economy online has their drawbacks. If people get too serious with it, then lose their savings because of some "glitch" or "error", they'll get really depressed or suicidal. Its too easy to generate a billion virtual dollars if you want to. No fun in that ๐Ÿ˜‰ Unless of course, you treat this whole things as a big game.

Another thing.. spending too much time on the computer is not good (you'd know, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) I'd doubt you "exercising" online will do much to your real body.

Anyway, I'm going too off topic here. These 3D virtual worlds would indeed satisfy demand. But there is a little danger of graying the area between treating it as "real" or just a "game".
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ash
    Indeed.. but what if people get too attached to it? Having a "real" economy online has their drawbacks. If people get too serious with it, then lose their savings because of some "glitch" or "error", they'll get really depressed or suicidal. Its too easy to generate a billion virtual dollars if you want to. No fun in that ๐Ÿ˜‰ Unless of course, you treat this whole things as a big game.

Another thing.. spending too much time on the computer is not good (you'd know, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) I'd doubt you "exercising" online will do much to your real body.

Anyway, I'm going too off topic here. These 3D virtual worlds would indeed satisfy demand. But there is a little danger of graying the area between treating it as "real" or just a "game".
    Agreed Boss...

-Crazy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, I Am A Final Year Student. I Need Project Topics Or Ideas Related To Automobile. If U Hav,pls Inform Me.๐Ÿ˜€
Hi, This is Abhi. I am from Computers & IT background and doing job in IBM from last 1.5 yrs. I am interested in furthur studies. Need ur help in...
i m doing my final year B.E.Mechanical . pls anyone send me ur ideas for my project.
CEans, Please help us compile mechanical engineering related project ideas. Please post your ideas here so that we can share them with others on CE. If you've already done a...
We won't do spoon feeding - Guys, get your ideas from this :- https://www.thinksimple.moneycontrol.com/detail.php?id=9 That's Smart Agricultural Cycle. The key is to identify the problem and then use your engineering...