Google Interview Process

I was interviewed by Google for the post of Online Marketing Strategist. The interview process started in October third week, and Google placed an offer in December first week.

1. Round 1 - They asked me basic questions like how would I convince someone for advertising, online advertising, Google Adwords - Google Search Network, Google Display Network, CPC, CPM, CPA, Location Targeting, Radius Targeting, Language setting, Keywords, Negative Keywords, Placements, Quality Score, Online Auction, etc., why Google, why Account Optimizer, why do I want to switch, etc.

2. Round 2 - They made me design 4 different online ad campaigns for a startup and a well established firm - for a brand that whose goal is to have more sales and for a brand that just wants more web traffic and for a brand that just wants awareness, asked me in detail about my work at Mu Sigma and CrazyEngineers.com, what have I learnt at both the places, my interests and hobbies, challenges for Google, why should they hire me, etc.

3. Round 3 - They asked me business questions, case studies - how to convince a client, how to prioritize clients, case scenario about what would I do if I had a conflict with manager, how would I manage time in another scenario, how would I get my targets completed, my biggest achievement, challenge, failure, strength and weakness, how would I approach a problem, examples of my leadership qualities, etc. All the rounds were competency based in which I had back my answers with examples.

I hope this would help you in some way or the other. You can message me on CE if you have any other questions, or if you want me to refer you for any of the job openings. πŸ˜€

Please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Guneet

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# .πŸ‘
    IF and Only IF POSSIBLE, please do share some interesting question you encountered there. Google is famous for asking these kind of questionsβ˜•
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    First of all, Congratulations!! Please share a question or two, so that we can get an idea about the level of challenge that interviewees face! Thanks. 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Congratulations to Guneet. I look forward to hearing your experience about facing the Interviews. What type of questions were asked and if there are any tips you can offer to our fellow CEans.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Thank you πŸ˜€

Well, I cannot tell the exact questions. All I can say is that were questions on the topics i mentioned already. There were also questions on creating pitches.

I was asked a lot about my extra-curricular activities during school and college days, as well as about my work at CE. πŸ˜€
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    Thank you πŸ˜€

Well, I cannot tell the exact questions. All I can say is that were questions on the topics i mentioned already. There were also questions on creating pitches.

I was asked a lot about my extra-curricular activities during school and college days, as well as about my work at CE. πŸ˜€
    Thank you for sharing valuable insight!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mohamed Shameem
    Mohamed Shameem
    Congrats...@guneet kaur
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    #-Link-Snipped-# congo.. πŸ˜€
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Heartiest Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That was a good read. Thanks for the informative post, Guneet. Here are a few of questions I had that might be useful for applicants -

1. Was there a technical aptitude test round? If yes, how was it?
    2. Does Google believe in Group Discussions like other MNCs?
    3. How long did it take for the interview? Were all 3 rounds conducted on the same day? 4. How were the panelists? Did every round have only one interviewer? How were they?
    5. What according to you was the deciding factor for the interviewers?

Please do answer in as detailed manner as possible. πŸ˜€ Thanks!
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    Ankita Katdare
    That was a good read. Thanks for the informative post, Guneet. Here are a few of questions I had that might be useful for applicants -

3. How long did it take for the interview? Were all 3 rounds conducted on the same day? 4. How were the panelists? Did every round have only one interviewer? How were they?

1. There was no technical test for the role I applied. There are multiple technical tests (4-5) for people who apply for such roles.
    2. I had no GD.
    3. My interviews lasted one hour each on an average. The process was extended for more than 15 days. Every round was an eliminator. I was called for the second round and third only if I performed well in the previous round.
    4. The panelists were experienced Googlers - who have been with Google for around 3-10 years. Most experienced Googler for the last round and likewise.
    5. Multiple things - knowledge, leadership, passion, managerial skills, extra-curricular activities, time-management, Googlyness, confidence, interest, motivation. The count is endless!

I hope this helps πŸ˜€
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Ankita Katdare

Nice set of questions! Appreciated! πŸ˜€

Adding to your question Ankita - I have read many articles in internet where it was said, companies like Microsoft and Google (I guess) conduct the interview activity in day long process. This is to judge the patience and other skills related to this. Is this true?

Alas, a video recording of the interview could be made, the questions would be many otherwise related to your interview! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Guneet Kaur Khanuja
    5. Multiple things - knowledge, leadership, passion, managerial skills, extra-curricular activities, time-management, Googlyness, confidence, interest, motivation. The count is endless!
    Among these multiple skill sets, one thing that intrigues me is 'Googlyness'. How'd you explain 'Googlyness' ? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜¨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mars rovers such as Opportunity and Curiosity have delivered a considerable amount of information about the history and composition of the red planet. Although, the rovers have several advantages over...
Hi frnds, Please follow below steps how to calculate conversions easily fom Kilos to Pounds. Example: Converting 79 kilos to Pounds. step1: First double the given kilos. 79 + 79...
In 2014, the Firefox producer Mozilla had introduced a separate trial version of a browser that had support for web based virtual reality (VR) apps. Not many people know about...
Microsoft’s DirectX (DX) is a group of APIs which handle tasks associated with multimedia like games and videos on MS platforms such as Windows. Windows 8.1, which is the latest...
Hi, i am totally confused what to do after BE take a drop & prepare for GATE or join CDAC or do anything else plz suggest some other job oriented