Google Inc. To Launch Android Gaming Console & Wristwatch

Google Inc., now not only the world's topmost search engine, but the only tech giant that can rival Apple and Microsoft, is now said to be developing an Android Gaming Console. After releasing an interesting music streaming product called the 'Nexus Q' in June last year, it received a lot of mixed reactions, but the device was never sold. This new game console could be a revamped version of the Nexus Q, or so the reports say. Google has been working on it's hardware and the world knows of it that it is all set to compete with Apple Inc. after it acquired the smartphone manufacturer Motorola Mobility last year and announced the revolutionary Google Glass. Android OS, which is undoubtedly the world's most popular operating system that you can find on three out of every four smartphones sold, is what Google wants to take forward and bring to many other platforms apart from smartphones and tablets.

Along with this videogame console, the rumors also suggest of a digital wristwatch powered by Android. Wall Street Journal reported that Google Inc. plans to design, develop and market these gadgets itself and release at least one of them this fall. Android's games have been immensely popular and have a higher growth rate than the ones on the bigger consoles from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Yes, you can't help but remember - Zynga, Wooga and Rovio! Sony and Microsoft have recently unveiled new versions of their PlayStation and Xbox game consoles, which are expected to go on sale later this year. There's even the Nvidia's Project Shield handheld due for release this summer.

And, interestingly, Google has been found watching the efforts of Ouya Inc., a startup that this week began selling a $99 Android-based console and game controller in US, Canada and UK.

slide

Google's digital smart watch can be expected to connect to smartphones using Bluetooth technology, much like its Google Glass product. Even Samsung was amongst rumors for planning to develop an Android-based smartwatch. It is being said that Google's attempt at the Android-based device is expected to be much less expensive. And rightfully so, because Google would need a strategy to grow in this newly ventured territory. WSJ folks also went to say that Google could be reacting in part to expectations that rival Apple will launch a videogame console as part of its next Apple TV product release.

Though these claims are bold and expectations and a lot of other things are at stake, the world is ready to be amazed by something innovative from Google. What are your ideas and opinions about Google's new gaming console? Share with us in replies below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I WILL BE EAGER TO PLACE MY HANDS ON GOOOGLE'S GAMING CONSOLE.I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHETHER A DIFFERENT OLATFORM WILL BE USED OR AN OLDER/CURRENT ONE?๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the ever-increasing use of the Internet data traffic, thanks to growing number of internet powered devices - be it smartphone or tablets or laptops, we have reached a situation...
Startups in India note - IIM Ahmedabad's iAccelerator applications are open. The accelerator will select a maximum of 15 startup companies with most promising ideas, business plan and team for...
Hi sir I am a final year student and i wish to produce an useful product/ application for my project! I am interested on the topics: 1) Webcam Based Credit...
Booking a railway ticket in India can't get easier than this as the railway ministry launched IRCTC ticket booking with SMS. The facility will allow anyone to book railway ticket...
Why Single core cable are unarmored? Why cant industries use single core armored cables?