Google I/O 2015 – What’s New In Android?

This year’s Google I/O conference has been scheduled for this month and everyone around tech community is excited for it. Google earlier tipped to unveil the next OS for handheld devices- ‘Android M’ in the conference. The glitzy event would take place on 28-29 May at Mascone West Convention Centre in San Francisco. Google, in its official schedule, accidentally revealed about Android M in Android for Work Update in one of the sessions of I/O, but now have uploaded the new schedule. This hints about arrival of next Android earlier than expected. Let’s take a look on features expected to be unveiled at I/O 2015.

Sundar-Pichai-At-Google_I-O_2014

Updated Android For Work

The search-giant introduced this feature earlier this year and is likely to provide update for the same in coming conference. Android for work update is believed to be extended for hundreds of millions of devices to workers at small businesses. According to a Digging into the Google I/O 2015 schedule: Android M, voice access, and more | Ars Technica, though the current implementation doesn’t work for high-security businesses, the combination of new Android and updated Android for work would lead to more app separation.

Multi-Screen Chromecast Games

An #-Link-Snipped-#, hints that Google has developed a new version of Chromecast that lets pairing of small and larger screens. I/O 2015 has a dedicated session for designing games for Google cast and another session for using mobile devices as game controllers to unleash new interaction models for Chromecast and other casting devices. All these things put together points that the new Chromecast 2 might be on its way.

Voice Access

‘Your app, now available hands-free’ is a session to discuss how a user can access devices just by his/her voice. Voice access service gives anyone access to phone via voice only. This could mean an app for driving with thousands of voice commands. Google might want to give several options to make voice access compatible for numerous accents.

Skybox - Real Time Satellite Imaging

Skybox, the satellite imaging company Google bought last year planned to launch 24 imaging satellites by 2018. A session in I/O called ‘The Earth in the real time’ offers a look at Skybox on the company is building for businesses.

What Else?

Apart from these major features, Google is expected to provide Cloud Messaging 3.0- a new version of push messaging platform. Advanced Technologies And Products group is likely to showcase wearables at the conference. Google says it will discuss “wearables that will blow off your socks!” Polymer 1.0- Google’s UI toolkit is also expected to make an appearance. Polymer is developed for websites to provide app-like look and feel. A dedicated session named “Hands-on With Polymer 1.0” is expected to launch the same. There are several other talks on testing Android apps, material design that celebrates its first birthday at the I/O and even more. Stay tuned as we bring you all updates about I/O 2015.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Security firm Sucuri has discovered a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in WordPress that can allow hackers to gain full access to any WordPress website. The bug is leaving millions of...
The Cyanogen team has hugged two important players in the mobile domain: TrueCaller and OnePlus. The first hug allows the next update of Cyanogen mobile operating system to feature a...
I have passed BTECH in 2013 in electrical and electronics engineering. i was having interest on c & c++ programming during college life. now i wanna join class either for...
It looks like many contest participants have started receiving certificates. We would love to see your photos with certificates. Spread the love. Upload your photos in replies below.
Huawei has managed to attract lots of attention for its two new mid-budget smartphones called Honor 4C and Honor Bee priced at Rs. 8999 and Rs. 4999 respectively. These Android...