Google helps build 'Faster' cable under Pacific Ocean

Quote:
Google and five other large companies are teaming up to build a cable under the Pacific Ocean that will deliver incredibly fast internet speeds.
The cable, dubbed Faster, will connect the US with Japan and cost about $300m (£179m; 225m euros), the consortium said.
The trans-Pacific fibre cable would deliver speeds of 60 terabytes per second - enough to send more than 2,000 uncompressed HD films a second.
Endquote
Google helps build 'Faster' cable under Pacific Ocean - BBC News

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers across the globe are working to find alternative and efficient ways to tackle the issue of pollution. The major air pollutant carbon dioxide (CO2) is the primary cause of...
hey guys, I want to buy a new mobile in the price range of RS-15,000.CAN ANYONE HELP ME??😀
hello everyone i am Ankush Garg pursuing my B.tech in Computer Science & Engg. from Punjab Technical University. I am from Bathinda, Punjab I like to surf the internet and...
Guys why is so difficult to send personal messages to members.................plz help 😔😕
Can high energy be transmitted over far distances using laser without any loss.?