Google Handwriting Input App Can Decipher Your Terrible Handwriting

Google Inc. has launched a new Handwriting Input app on Google Play store. As the name suggests, it lets you enter text using your own handwriting. What's so impressive about this app is that it does a pretty awesome job of understanding what you're writing no matter how bad your handwriting is. The app can recognise handwriting in about 82 languages and also offers support for cursive writing - with or without stylus. The App's already gathering lot of positive (5 star) reviews on the Play Store.

A lot of people would still want to preserve their handwriting skills and this app just lets them do that. The app offers handwriting as an option in addition to regular virtual keyboard and voice input. Google believes that this app will be immensely useful for entering text in languages that are difficult to type using a regular virtual keyboard. The app has also been designed to recognise emoticons. This isn't Google's first ever foray into handwritten input; you may remember that mobile search and Google Input tool already offered it.

Google-Handwriting-Input-App

You will need an Android phone running 4.0.3+. Do give it a try and let us know if your handwriting can beat Google's algorithms. Also let us know if you find the handwriting input tool better than using Swype. We look forward to your feedback and opinions.

Source & Download: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It has to be good if it can decipher mine. When I have time I shall get to it and revert.
    I am probably the only student to get an A for English composition from my British principal, who publicly declared,'I give you an A because I know your English is good even though I cannot read it.'
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It worked. It read what I myself found difficult to decipher!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A.V.Ramani
    It worked. It read what I myself found difficult to decipher!
    I might challenge Google; but I don't want them to lose. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Robots have already revolutionized medical device manufacturing [3], but now they're coming out of the factory and into the clinic. Valued at $1.8 billion in 2013, the market for...
You may now Google 'Find My Phone' and let the search engine show the location of your phone on a map. If you are habitual phone forgetter, you may have...
Graphene was produced in small amount for centuries. But, now the demand for graphene has increased and it is widely used in semiconductor, electronics, battery, et al. It has the...
After launching Aqua Y2 smartphone, Intex Mobiles has now listed the new version called ‘Intex Aqua Y2+’ on its official website. Priced at Rs.5,190, the new dual SIM (WCDMA/GSM) smartphone...
There is table named as , - loan (loan_number, branch_name, amount); i have to perform operation on this table is, -Decrement the loan by 5% whose amount is less than...