Google Chromebook School Programme Extends To India.

After successfully running Chromebook programme in over 3000 schools spanning US, Singapore and Malaysia, Google is now planning to initiate the same global programme in Indian schools as well. The company shall be popularizing the use of its Chromebook laptops in schools, and shall pilot with four schools in Andhra Pradesh. Google is yet to officially announce the plan.

google-chromebook-all

The search giant shall grant 25 Chromebooks to each school and train the teachers and instructors to use and run the required software and applications. Ponnala Lakshmaiah, Andhra's minister for information technology, said- "The school instructors will teach core subjects using applications and software. We believe with interactive learning, the student will understand better and will take interest in the subjects." This programme shall hugely benefit students from class 9th and 10th.

Chromebooks need constant internet connection, and a majority of data like the files users work on, are stored on Google's storage network connected to the internet. To facilitate this, the state's IT department will provide the schools with Wi-Fi connection of 1Mbps and much required backups. Mentors shall be assigned to each school to train the teachers and instructors on how to use Google's online learning services, Google Apps Training Center.

A company spokesperson reported- "Google aims to increase access to information and knowledge for all students, and encourages tools that support effective teaching and learning in the classroom, but we have nothing to announce at this time."

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great work by Google
  • surfingturtle
    surfingturtle
    Commendable
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Chromebooks need constant internet connection, and a majority of data like the files users work on, are stored on Google's storage network connected to the internet.
    This is false statement.
    Thousands of viewers are logging in CE daily & reading news here, this type of misleading information can hurt the sales of Google Chromebooks, which hurts the rise of Linux/Opensource, which irks me a lot, so I have to tell this.

PS : You don't need continuous access of internet to work on files, you can offline work on it & next when you connect it to internet it will automatically get synced with Google drive or whatever.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After a series of smartphone launches in 2013, Intex Technologies - the Indian smartphone brand is looking to end the year with another one. Today, Intex has unveiled a new...
Please give me the suggestion for the Mini project ..please help me out...
I was just wondering that how many CEan's use Facebook on regular basis? If Yes, can you make sure to like the CrazyEngineers Fan page there to help CE spread...
There may be many views about the justification for the (naturally) astronomical amounts spent on space research. However, everyone will grant that the view from up there is superb. Here...
Gamers, Valve's steam is celebrating 'Steam Holiday Sales' for Christmas holidays. Grab your favourite game at cheapest price & discount so huge that you will regret missing it. Today's Offer...