Google Chrome Password Security Flaw Fix Introduced On Chrome For Mac

Google Chrome security became a topic of discussion back in August when a bug was found that let anyone see a user's passwords stored in the web browser. Simply by clicking on the Settings icon, choosing "Show advanced settings" and then "Manage saved passwords" in the "Passwords and forms" section, a list of obscured passwords would be revealed for all the sites visited and clicking beside them revealed the plain text of the password, screenshot of which will get you the key to all those personal and professional accounts. We Google Chrome Security Flaw Exposes Passwords - Is It Good To Know? the Google Chrome password security flaw and were wondering if the company was ever going to bring in a fix. But the company does care about its users security and therefore in a new experimental flag in the last Chromium Build for Mac, you do get a fix.

google-chrome-password-security

"Once you've enabled the chrome://flags/#enable-password-manager-reauthentication flag, user who's trying to reveal a plain text password inchrome://settings/passwords will be prompted to reauthenticate with the User Mac OS password. When you are authenticated, you won't need to reauthenticate anymore for one minute." #-Link-Snipped-# François Beaufort on his Google+ profile. Lack of password security can be a serious threat to a user's personal account logged in using any web browser. A Google representative had responded that the security flaw was a feature of the browser and that the main password boundary for the user was the OS user account and there were vulnerabilities that could be exploited if that is breached.

Though at the moment the fix is only available on Chrome For Mac, since Google is looking into it, we should soon expect a solution for other platforms too.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey friends, recently i have been working on a project, College online information system via android. I want to add this particular feature to the app:- Study groups : if...
here is my java code package com.example.test; import android.net.Uri; import android.os.Bundle; import android.provider.ContactsContract; import android.provider.ContactsContract.Contacts; import android.app.Activity; import android.content.Intent; import android.database.Cursor; import android.view.View; import android.view.View.OnClickListener; import android.widget.Button; import android.widget.EditText; import...
"Good morning to every one of you people on Earth. I am robot astronaut Kirobo. I am the world's first talking robot astronaut. Nice to meet you," blabbers the world's...
hi friends .. can you say me the website where i can get the definitons of electrical and electronic components and also the definitons in power systems....
I am in trouble to decide which Laptop to purchase. I have the following specifications in my mind Minimum 6GB RAM 750GB HDD DVD R/RW drive Any processor Graphics (not...