Google Chrome For iOS Update Released; Features Support For Translation

Google has released the latest Chrome for iOS update and the same can be downloaded from the iTunes store starting today. The folks at the Google Chrome team have shared the details about the update on their official blog. The latest version of the update called 'Chrome 32' is now live for iPhone as well as iPad. The update features all the facilities that were available only on Android version till now. One of them being - Support for translation. This means that whenever a user loads a new webpage from Google Chrome browser on their iOS device and it is written in a foreign language, you can look at translation bar and tap on it to get it translated. Yep, just like the desktop version of the browser.

Among the other important features, the latest update (also called Chrome 32.0.1700.20) brings reduced data usage. Therefore, when you use the minimum bandwidth while surfing the web through Chrome. This has been achieved using data-compression proxy. So basically, the data that you are surfing goes through Google’s servers where the service compresses it (especially the images) to help you save up to 50 percent of bandwidth. You can note that the proxy is not used for websites that use secure connections (URLs that begin with HTTPS). To enable this feature and also to check how much data you are saving, users can go to Bandwidth under Settings and look for 'Reduce Data Usage' option.

chrome-for-ios

chrome-for-ios-2 chrome-for-ios-3 chrome-for-ios-4 chrome-for-ios-5

Other than that, there's now the facility to have new tab page that lets the user navigate to the Google search bar or the frequently visited sites or recently closed pages without much hassle. Lastly, there's the usual bug fixes and certain security and stability improvements. On the official blog, they have noted that the update has started rolling out in the App Store of different countries. So that is there. You can head over to the #-Link-Snipped-# and download your latest update.

Do let us know what you think about the new Chrome for iOS update in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everyone.. I am Chinmay Joshi currently doing my Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management (RCOEM) Nagpur. I am a big fan of...
Oppo Electronics Corp. - the Chinese tech giant has decided to launch its flagship smartphone Oppo N1 in India. Globally unveiled in September 2013, the Oppo N1 smartphone has been...
Line 6 (recently acquired by Yamaha Corporation, Japan) - one of the world famous names in guitar amplifier manufacturing has announced "AMPLIFi" - an entirely new kind of a guitar...
Right now i am working on led spinning project..but i am having difficulties in its programming ..pl ease help me outm
Hello Everyone.. I am Mrinmoy Kumar Swarnakar. I am currently pursuing my Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from "Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management(RCOEM), Nagpur". I am a...