Google Calendar App For Android Renewed - New Features At Glance

The free time-management tool called 'Calendar app' from Google (popularly known as Google Calendar) helps millions of users every day for scheduling and keeping track of their important events all in one place. There are many features offered by the app that helps the users to easily organize their schedule. Today, Google has announced a bunch of improvements for the Google Calendar app and they will be rolled out over the next few days. The company has highlighted some of the improvements through a Google+ post. They have also mentioned in the statement that the updates are based on the feedback received on the earlier versions of the app. Let’s have a look at the highlights stated by the company in the post.

Google-Calendar-Updated-New-Version-Android-Image

According to Google, the Google Calendar app now provides 7-day week view so that users can see more events at a glance and the pinch-to-zoom function is also introduced in the app. The update includes a new option for displaying week numbers in settings. The app comes with new ability for adding Google Drive files to the events. Not only that, the drive will also check whether the added files are being opened by everyone, who included in the event. Another feature allows the app to control whether birthdays from Google+ are displayed in settings. The last and the important feature that was previously missing in this app was the .ics import. The .ics files are nothing but calendar invites. As these files did not work with Google Calendar, they were opened by using different calendars. So, now the updated app will be able to import .ics files from Gmail and other apps.

Google-Calendar-Updated-New-Version-Android-Play-Image

The iPhone users will have to wait for some time as Google is still working on the app for Apple devices. Google has released the updated version of the app for Android with some changes. What are thoughts about this new version of Google Calendar? Share with us in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#| Google Calendar - Apps on Google Play

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE TECHNICAL DETAILS ABOUT ANTI BACK LASH GEAR
PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE TECHNICAL METHOD TO INCREASE COMPRESSIVE AND TENSILE STRENGTH OF A NORMAL MS MAKE FASTENER
Project Abstract / Summary : INTRODUCTION As the name implies ‘Two Wheel Balancing Robot’ it has the ability to balance itself on the two wheels. It will be prevented from...
frnz i need topology and detailed block diagram of wifi transmitter and reciever
Hi every one, Am working on motors project,am newbie ,i have gone through internet for finding RPM formula but all i got is 2xfx60/p,am getting lot of confusion can anyone...