Google Balloons (Project Loon) Is Coming To India

Google's bringing their balloon powered Internet project (aka Project Loon : Google's Balloon Powered Global Internet) to India. The Internet search giant has said that it's working with the Government of India to explore the possibility of flying their balloons in the Indian skies so that they can deliver Internet to Indians. If you are clueless about the project loon, be informed that it's an Project Loon Update: Google Collaborates With French Space Agency initiated by the talented engineers at Google to provide Internet access to almost everyone on the planet by floating balloons in the skies.

Mohammad Gawdat from Google X informed that the company is planning to work out a commercial plan to ensure that Google Loon project covers every inch of planet Earth. The company is also in talks with telecom operators and governments around the world to ensure that Internet connection reaches to every nook and corner in the world.

Project-Loon โ€‹

Google plans to float balloons at an altitude of about 20km above Earth's surface (in the stratosphere). The balloons will follow the direction of the wind and provide wireless Internet access to the users on the land. These balloons will stay connected with each other. Google did a pilot project in New Zealand to beam Internet to a group of select users.

We promise to keep track of the developments on the Google Loon project. We however hope to see Google Fiber project being launched in India - the one that promises 1000 Gbps Internet connectivity using dedicated fibre lines.

Do let us know your thoughts!

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So I was talking to a few of my old friends who lost touch after they went abroad and are around the city only once a couple of years for...
kaustubh sir will u plz tell me hw to quote anyone personally and hw to download anything..........i am nt able to do...๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
hello , am a senior computer engineering student looking for a creative,simple ,doable and never done idea. i need to do it through 3 months. we are two members group...
Microsoft has announced the release of the first build of Windows 10 technical preview for phones. This experimental build of Windows 10 for phones is currently available for Lumia 630,...
Project Abstract / Summary : We propose to build a rover vehicle which can autonomously traverse the sandy plains of desert regions and also survey the landscape for the presence...