Google Android 4.4.3 Released, Includes New Dialer & Major Bug Fixes.

After tons of rumors, the new version of Android Kitkat 4.4.3 is finally released. In addition to major bug fixes, the latest update includes the fresh new Dialer and People, manager of contacts that is very reminiscent of new version of Gmail. For Google Play Store new option of 'pause and resume download later' has been included, which could be very useful when you're updating/downloading heavy applications. Alongwith it, the bug #-Link-Snipped-# which was hogging about 50% battery usage resulting in poor battery life of Nexus 5 device is finally fixed.

As we can see from the pictures below, the new Dialer for Android 4.4.3 includes new search bar and excellent looking cards with details of last contacts. The Dialer formerly had blue numbers on black background which is now replaced by a white colored background.

slider (3)

slider (1) slider (2)
The new Android 4.4.3 update will soon be available for Google Nexus devices and Motorola directly from update manager OTA. Alongwith Nexus devices (Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10) few devices that will be getting this upgrade are HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto E, Moto G and Moto X. For Nexus 5 device, it is alternatively possible to install latest update by downloading the ROM image from #-Link-Snipped-# and flash it.

Source : Fresh New Dialer Arrives in Android 4.4.3
Image Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Pause and resume option in play store is great How much is the update file size? Anyone updated?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    When everyone in the tech world is waiting for Android 4.5 (they may say it Android 5 or Lime Cheesecake, or Lollipop) to be released by Mid 2014, it is strange move from Android to release 4.3.3 at this moment

The new dial-er looks ok, I am interested to see If android could significantly fix the battery juice eater defects that can give some relief to the Android users.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Waiting for the pop-up notification in Nexus 7. 😒
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    Waiting for the pop-up notification in Nexus 7. 😒
    I am not going to update as i didn't like new Dialer. Will see changelog for Moto E, if there's any performance improvement then I might change my opinion.

Rajni Jain
    When everyone in the tech world is waiting for Android 4.5 (they may say it Android 5 or Lime Cheesecake, or Lollipop) to be released by Mid 2014, it is strange move from Android to release 4.3.3 at this moment
    Not strange at all. Many Nexus 5 device was suffering from #-Link-Snipped-# leading to frequent memory drainage & heating of device. Google did right thing by fixing up that bug & then focusing on to bigger iteration. But, I didn't like the new dialer, It's better in 4.4.2

SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Pause and resume option in play store is great How much is the update file size? Anyone updated?
    That varies from device to device, I assume.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How does hard shade affect a solar array? And how do both types of shades affect the performance of solar array?
I passedout in 2010 cse btech. and worked 3 years as java developer but not gained too gud development skillls (i tried very hard to learn coding but not worked...
About me Akasg bais, a 3 yr student of electrical engineering, srcoem, nagpur with a kida of engineering (ie a kida to tear apart all the useless electronic stuffr in...
The Indian Institute Of Technology at Kanpur (IIT-K) unveiled a new supercomputer yesterday. Ranked at [HASHTAG]#130[/HASHTAG] in the list of global top 500 supercomputers, IIT-Kanpur spent about Rs. 48 crore...
Any music enthusiast knows the joy of being able to play music without the messy tangle of wires. The trouble is that when you opt for a wireless Bluetooth enabled...