Good sliderocket alternatives for online presentation hosting & delivery?

I've been using Sliderocket to host my presentations online so that they can be accessed from anywhere. But since sliderocket's acquisition by ClearSlide, the service is being shut down and all the presentations will be removed by December 31, 2013. I'm looking for recommendations on a good sliderocket alternative which will allow me to host my presentations (bot PPTs & Keynote) online and deliver them publicly.

Prezi: I've evaluated Prezi - and it does look like a great concept. I've used it in the past; but didn't spend time on creating new Prezis for my existing presentations. So prezi will be my choice provided I don't find a better service.

iCloud: Apple's iCloud service seems to be a good alternative, but it's only limited to hosting the most basic presentations. I'd really love to prevent all the zazzy animation effects that Keynote offers. Unfortunately, I haven't found any service that would preserve all the effects.

Slideshare: Slideshare has been around for quite some time now; but I lost interest in them post LinkedIn acquisition. I'm not a big fan of plain cold slides that get boring, especially when viewed online. Not an option for me at the moment.

YouTube: I've been considering exporting my presentations as YouTube videos and embedding them in the pages where I want people to access them. The only issue is that the users will have to pause it every time they want to view some information.

Addendum:

Haiku Deck: Haiku Deck seems to be a promising entry in the list of alternatives. At the time of updating this post, the software is iPad only but is expected to go web as well. The samples available in their showcase gallery show all-pic presentations. I'm sure those can be adopted for all business presentations & media kits as well. Adding it to my watch-list.

Slid.es : My latest discovery that looks quite promising. I'm yet to try it; but the free plan they have looks good. The slides editor is simple too. Do give them a try!

If there are any other alternatives or recommendations for online presentation hosting & delivery - please let me know.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hey! Nice post. I think that #-Link-Snipped-# is another good alternative.
    It is a service offered by DigitalOfficePro (a Microsoft partner).
    By registering with this service, you also get a PowerPoint add-in, which can be used to convert PowerPoint (PPT) to Flash from inside PowerPoint.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do they offer the ability to preserve the slide transition and text animation effects? I doubt they do. Looks like an opportunity for those who're exceptionally good at JavaScript 😀
  • adam tratt
    adam tratt
    Hi Kaustubh,
    We've been working on an alternative over here at Haiku Deck. The app is iPad only for now, but we're in beta for our web app. Would be delighted for you to check it out (and add to your list of alternatives). Haiku Deck: Presentation Software and Online Presentation Tools

[Link added back]
  • Hong Nguyen
    Hong Nguyen
    To preserve transition & text animation:

1. SlideGo: only convert Powerpoint (but has full online editor like sliderocket for post editing). Do not convert Keynote. Need to install Powerpoint addin to upload.

2. Electricslide: can convert Keynote and run live presentation. Freemium service.
  • Luke Goetting
    Luke Goetting
    Hey Kaustubh,

1. Check out SlideShark--if you're looking for truly anywhere sharing, as they can share online as well as through their iPad app. Animations and transitions are all converted in my experience and their iPad app has a really cool broadcasting feature for demoing to other app users.

2. I love Prezi--but using it makes more sense when the presentation was developed from the ground up, rather than trying to convert existing powerpoints.

Good luck!
  • Cindy990
    Cindy990
    Thks ! Nice article.
    I also been using EWC Presenter which allows you to create nice presentation as well in HTML5 with thousands of vectors.
    Enjoy !
  • Payman T.
    Payman T.
    Presenter ; it's actually EWC Presenter is definitely worth checking out with new features rolling out regularly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at the Karlsruhe Institute Of Technology in Baden-Württemberg have managed to achieve the unthinkable : 100 Gbps data transfer rate over wireless connection. The achievement ensures their entry into...
Statue of Unity is an upcoming civil & structural engineering marvel at the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat India. The statue, once completed, will be twice the height of Statue...
Hi CEans, we had a lot of discussions on the reformation of present education system but more than that there is a urgent need in reformation of Present Exam system....
Can our cars and bikes have spherical wheels? If yes, why do we not already have them? What are the advantages and disadvantages of these wheels?
Hi CEans , I am experiencing a problem in shutting down my laptop.Two days before, I used hibernate option to hibernate my laptop .Then I used same option for two...