GOOD ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS 8.1

Friends, i have been using windows 8.1 lately and i am using malwarebytes as the anti virus software. Is there any other better anti virus software that i can use??

Replies

• vishnu tej
    vishnu tej
    Malwarebytes is a good anti virus software. You can also try 'super anti-spyware'.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd recommend AVAST antivirus. It used to be my favorite Antivirus when I was a Windows user. But the best bet is this:-
    • Browse only authentic websites
    • Do not open email attachments
    • Do not use external USB drives borrowed from friends
    In over a decade and a half of using computers, I've encountered a serious virus problem only once; and that too within 6 months of getting my first computer. Taught me how to format my computer completely ๐Ÿ˜
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd recommend AVAST antivirus. It used to be my favorite Antivirus when I was a Windows user. But the best bet is this:-
    • Browse only authentic websites
    • Do not open email attachments
    • Do not use external USB drives borrowed from friends
    In over a decade and a half of using computers, I've encountered a serious virus problem only once; and that too within 6 months of getting my first computer. Taught me how to format my computer completely ๐Ÿ˜
    i am a student, and the third point you mentioned is extremely difficult to follow, with all assignments, reviews etc..., i had to use pen drives of my friends and that' the problem now :'(
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raja_karthick
    i am a student, and the third point you mentioned is extremely difficult to follow, with all assignments, reviews etc
    If that's the case, you are taking a cautious decision that your computer may get affected with a virus even with an anti-virus or anti-malware installed.
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Better stick with microsoft window defender
    it's free, already integrated in windows 8.1.
    i am using it since the windows release, Never encountered a single serious problem of virus and i also had survived the student time where you need too much of data transfer ,Not only assignment Games ,movies everything.
    Just try to keep it updated.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm facing a strange issue. I've a password protected PDF that I can open with a password on Windows, but the same file cannot be opened on Mac, with the...
When it comes to the world of smartphones, Oukitel isn't just as famous as Apple, Samsung, LG and others. But the company's leaving no stone unturned in getting world's attention....
How many times have you been in a situation where you need to create a professional video or animation clip for your product and service and those services aren't readily...
Hello Every1, Please tell me In final year of engineering ,is it convenient to develop a smart phone application based Project?
Its like a kind of question or may be my review ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ News these days have become an Opinion. Many of the newspapers or magazines which I read made...