GoCam App Lets Users Take Selfies By Just Waving A Hand

Smartphones, now-a-days, use off screen gestures for various purposes such as opening apps, navigation, text input, etc. Thanks to one such gesture recognition app, taking “selfies” or “groupies” has now become much easier. Crunchfish, a private company based in Malmö, Sweden has developed an app, GoCam! that allows users to take photos or videos of themselves without touching the screens. This is the first ever touch-less video recording app in the market.

Gocam

According to Crunchfish, the photos or videos can be triggered from a distance up to 3 meters with just hand gestures. The users can edit their extemporaneous photos using filters and editing tools before sharing with their friends.

GoCam! app uses Touchless A3D software which requires the video stream from the camera embedded in the phone to take photos or videos. Then the software picks up particular movements like a wave of hand. The users can also adjust the volume, scrub videos and pause music by using only hand motions. The actions can also be tracked in dim light conditions. Thus, the touch-less interface makes the natural interactions more accessible.

A3D

The Touchless A3D platform does not require hardware changes and runs on mobile operating systems like iOS, Android, Windows and Symbian. At present, GoCam! is available for iOS devices like iPad 2, iPhone 4S and above ,and iPad mini and above. The app is compatible with iOS 7 or above. Selfie fans can download the GoCam! app from #-Link-Snipped-# which is available for free for a limited time period.

Of course, there are many products that recognize gestures such as LG’s G3 that takes selfies using gestures by closing your fist in front of handset, Sony’s Xperia neo that uses gestures for text input and Microsoft’s Kinect that uses gesture recognition for video games but the app is first of its kind on iOS. Initially GoCam! is available for iOS devices, it will be later available for other devices too.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Watch the kids try and figure out how to use a 1970's era computer in another special Old Technology episode! Endquote
I want to built a device that can be attached to an analogue or digital speedometer of a motorcycle which will transmit data wireless'ly to an external display. existing speedometer-attach...
Sir I am student of electronics & communication . I am interested in IT field.I wanted to make career in software testing but I hve some doubts. 1- Could ECE...
App Virality was co-founded by Laxman Papineni and Ramakoteshwarrao Papineni in January 2014. A growth hacking toolkit, App Virality can be used for App downloads, Lead generation, Customer retention, User...