Gmail Custom Address Price Starts @ $2/month/user

There were times when people were crazy to get Gmail invites so that they could create a vanity email ID in the firstname.lastname@gmail.com format. But because Gmail was a Google product that promised to disrupt the market with 1GB of storage space (and the competition was offering 2MB - 10 MB), its popularity exploded and soon all the thinkable vanity names were taken. If your name matched even with two other persons in the world; you'd not find the email address of your choice on the gmail domain. Gmail's addressing this problem by letting you create an address of your choice: @.

Gmail-Custom-Address-Price

The folks at Exclusive: Gmail will soon let you have a custom email address for $2 per month - GSMArena blog found out that the options in the above screenshot appeared randomly on the Gmail website. The options let the users choose from various plans that start at just $2/user/month. The basic option comes with a custom email ID and a 15 GB of limited storage space.

The second option, 'Gmail for work' gives you a custom email address, 30GB of storage space and 24/7 support along with business tools. The third and the top option, 'Gmail for work unlimited' costs $10/month/user and has all the features of 'Gmail for work' along with 1TB of storage space if the total number of users is less than 5. You will also get archiving and eDiscovery to protect your business.

Note that this pricing is slightly different from the one offered by Google for '#-Link-Snipped-# plan; which starts at $5/user/month. The Google Apps for Work does not offer the $2/user/month option and it seems to be exclusive to Gmail.

After clicking on 'Get Started' button, the service asks you if you already own a domain. GSMArena reports that a popup message informed that the service is yet to be made available and is coming in future. As of now, these options have disappeared from Gmail.com website.

There is no clear information on ETA of this service. We do not know if Google will actually roll out this service for all the users across geographies. Do let us know how many of you would want to pay Google to have your own custom domain and email ID.

Replies

• Preity Sharma
    Preity Sharma
    Thats really interesting info sir, Thank you !
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think there will be a lot of people interested in getting a custom domain and an email ID. Especially startups who want to setup email accounts without much hassle.

Waiting for the service to roll out in India.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ankita Katdare
    Waiting for the service to roll out in India.
    Yep, I am kinda excited. I won't mind paying 100 INR/month for this service.
    Will eat 10 Vada paus less 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If anyone's looking for an alternative, Rackspace too offers custom email solution for the same price.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HTC Corporation has announced the launch of its new Android smartphone called HTC Desire 820G+ in India. Inside the 7.74 mm thick body, there's a MediaTek MT6592 Octa-Core processor that...
Hi, I have been offered a Job of tech support engineer, would it be better to search more and to go into a s/w developer postion or to join as...
is cdsc mohali is good to join in embedded systems?? does it provides any placements??
Anybody here who got seat allocated to CDAC IET ??
Hi Sir/Madam, I am P.PRADEEP KUMAR from Andhra Pradesh and completed my B.TECH course with major CSE and secured 70.56% passout 2014 .In intermediate i secured 85.2% and finally in...