Give these UAVs enough rope, and they'll build a bridge

Quote:
This week’s video comes from EPFL in Switzerland where quadcopters have worked together autonomously to build a weight-bearing rope bridge.
The project – Building structures with flying machines – is a collaborative effort at EPFL the Institute for Dynamic Systems and Control and the Chair of Architecture and Digital Fabrication.
According to the team, with the exception of anchor points at both ends of the structure, the 7.4m bridge consists exclusively of tensile elements and its connections and links are entirely realized by quadcopters. Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which kind of motors gives high torque? Side shaft gear motors or center shaft gear motors. Please reply soon.
Quote: October 5 - 9 at 11:00 AM Pacific/2:00 PM Eastern 30 to 45 minutes per day The Internet of Things (IoT) is fast becoming a reality and is growing...
Dear All / Engineers, I need to know what are the steps to follow to calculate the exact size for the diesel generator to be purchased for a load. For...
hi kaustubh,i m having dought that is there equal priority between BE(COMP) and BE(E&TC) engineers during selection process for IT industry..???or is there first priority to BE(COMP)than BE(ETC)??because i seems...
Questions related to enginnering graphics/drawing of first year student who try to understand basics of subjects and facing difficulty to visualising objects or any kind related to orienraion of object...