Gionee Marathon M5 With Dual Battery Setup Launching On Nov 24

Gionee India is all geared up for the launch of its all new Marathon series smartphones at an event in Bangalore scheduled for November 24th. Called 'Gionee Marathon M5', this phone just like its brothers has the USP as its huge battery. The company is boasting off the phone's battery life to be up to 4 days and has also introduced a new 'extreme mode' that boosts the standby time at 5% the existing battery life, making the phone's power last up to 62 hours. More on the battery later, but first let's come down to the phone's expected pricing and technical specifications.

Marathon M5 got debuted in China at a price of CNY 2299 aka ~ Rs.23,000. Therefore, the phone's expected to be priced in the range of Rs. 18 to 22,000 in India.

Gionee-Marathon-M5-launch-invite-India

Coming with Android 5.1 Lollipop OS out of the box, the Gionee Marathon M5 features a 1.5 GHz, 64-bit MediaTek Quad Core chip at its heart. There's 2 GB RAM to drive the user's processing needs. An inbuilt 16 GB memory can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD support.

The phone features Dual SIM Dual Standby option and brings 4G LTE connectivity support on both the SIM cards.

There's a 5.5 inch HD AMOLED touch screen display that features a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Weighing about 214 gm, the Marathon M5 is just 8.55 mm in thickness.

On the smartphone's rear end, we find a 13 megapixel camera, whereas on the front there's a 5 megapixel selfie snapper. Both camera support HD video recording capability.

Coming back to the phone's battery - there's a dual battery setup inside the device i.e. it packs two batteries of 3010 mAh capacity each, giving it a total capacity of 6020 mAh. With the presence of dual charging chips, users can charge both batteries at the same time.

The Marathon M5 also sports reverse charging technology that lets the user use his or her smartphone as a power bank so that you can charge other devices on its power.

More about the phone will be revealed at Marathon M5's upcoming launch on Nov 24. Stay tuned for updates on this and meanwhile let us know what are your thoughts about Gionee's latest Android device in town.

Source: Gionee Marathon M5 India launch scheduled for November 24 - GSMArena.com news

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi , I have an equipment secured on a plate by 2 screws at front and back. Now the equipment is experiencing external force which is 16g forward. So, when...
Presenting before you a 360 degree camera is a Japanese imaging & electronics giant - Ricoh Company Ltd. as they launch their all-new handheld device - Ricoh THETA S for...
Most of us shun our daily fitness regime because we do not feel motivated to give the extra effort. Now though we have been given the one of the best...
Hello... i am not able to participate in any discussion or ask any question as i don't know how to get started on this page... plz help me out so...
Dears, I have interesting model here I need your opinions to improve it so that it will never stop, and run permanently Thanks