Gionee Marathon M3 Dazzles At Price Rs. 12,999; Features A 5000 mAh Mega Power House

The latest smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer Gionee has been launched in India with the name 'Gionee Marathon M3', an elder brother to the previous Marathon M2. The biggest USP of the phone is the 5000 mAh battery that it packs inside, that's said to offer a standby time of 32+ days and talktime of 32+ hours on 3G and 50+ hours on 2G. That's huge. Yep and with that the Marathon M3 has officially become one of the first few smartphones to feature a 5000 mAh battery. The only other names we can think of are - THL 5000 Octa and Eton's Thundergod.

The new Android v4.4 KitKat running smartphone features a 5 inch HD IPS OGS display with a 1280 x 720 pixel screen resolution. Priced attractively at Rs. 12,999 in India, the Gionee Marathon M3 specs really do stand out from the crowd. At 10.4 mm the phone looks pretty thin and weighs about 180 g without the battery. Running on 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 Quad-Core processor and a Mali450 ARM graphics processor, the Marathon M3 features 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory and TF card support up to 128GB.

gionee-marathon-M3-1 Gionee-marathon-M3-lyingโ€‹

The phone supports Dual SIM cards and among the connectivity & network options lists - 3G/HSPA, GPRS, Wifi-802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth V4.0 with A2DP and USB Internet. Coming to the camera - on the rear end of the Gionee Marathon M3, you will find a 8 MegaPixel Camera with LED flash and a secondary 2 megapixel camera on the front. The camera supports HD video recording.

Available in two colors white and black, the Gionee Marathon M3 has started retailing at a price of Rs. 12,999 and should be selling in your nearest outlet. What are your thoughts on the new Gionee phone? Share with us in comments below.

Update: Another interesting feature worth mentioning among the features of Marathon M3 are OTG reverse charge and OTG data transfer introduced for avoiding gaps in communication. OTG reverse charge looks like an useful concept and feature. What are your opinions?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    5000 mAh ! OMG! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    5000mAh????
    The name definitely fits the king of battery life
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    5000mAh????
    The name definitely fits the king of battery life
    yea ! guess the battery size ... :/
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Did all the companies took oath to stuck to 1GB RAM? I mean every other specification gets an upgrade but RAM almost remains the same in this price category handsets. Grow up companies its time to increase RAM now to move ahead.๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Lynne Austinn
    Lynne Austinn
    Yogesh Borkar
    Did all the companies took oath to stuck to 1GB RAM? I mean every other specification gets an upgrade but RAM almost remains the same in this price category handsets. Grow up companies its time to increase RAM now to move ahead.๐Ÿ˜˜
    Yes ! you are right! its much better than 5000 mAH Battery ๐Ÿ˜›
  • RajanV
    RajanV
    Will it compete the Motorola's Moto G 2.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    5000mAH = Gaming all day!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The latest entrant in Panasonic India's P series of smartphones is Panasonic P55, a 5.5 inch screen phablet that runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. We've earlier covered the...
I want to check whether the following scenario is possible with Jquery. please provide the possible solution to do this. Also check this fiddle what i did till now, but...
Can some one help me understand the load cell amplifier circuit used in the above link. This is one of the few circuits that I have seen that uses a...
If you had been feeling the vibes about the new smartphone from Lenovo, well here it is. The company has officially launched its brand new Android smartphone titled Lenovo Vibe...
I have made this project and I am using a 2.4Ghz wireless CCTV camera for this, I want to use something that can send video to a mobile device or...