Getting Shock From Laptop. What Could Be The Reason ?

my laptop has a metal body...sometimes i feel shocked when i touched particular portion of my laptop..and it is not so frequent..what might be the reason behind this..is this happenning due to lack of earthing to the building??

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Are the shocks severe, and do they happen when your feet aren't wet or naked? If so, you need to contact the manufacturer.
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Gurjap
    Are the shocks severe, and do they happen when your feet aren't wet or naked? If so, you need to contact the manufacturer.
    shocks are not severe...they are just small like a jerk....and not frequent...nothing particular like wet....
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    do u mean it is a manufacturing defect??...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Check your electric wiring ... You have problem with earthing (Third pin in power socket).
    I too had the same problem☕
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Improper earthing could be an issue here. Please check the wiring of the place where you are using the laptop. Its not just the laptop, other electrical appliances can prove even more hazardous in the absence of proper earthing.
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    so u mean only earthing should be the reeason for all these shocks??
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    rajtheking46
    so u mean only earthing should be the reeason for all these shocks??
    Why is that so hard to believe?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    One more very rare phenomemnon is electro static discharge

But that is not likely to occur to give a shock of any extent
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Conqueror
    One more very rare phenomemnon is electro static discharge

But that is not likely to occur to give a shock of any extent
    yes this was what actually iam thinking about......since the body is metallic...i thought may be due to some reason charge got stored and when we touch it due to flow of charge into our body we feel shocked...if it is due to lack of earthing we should feel shocked continously ..but it is not the case ......shocks are short in time ...
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Anand Tamariya
    Why is that so hard to believe?[/quote
    i was wondering may be electrostatic discharge can be the reason behind it.....
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    rajtheking46
    yes this was what actually iam thinking about......since the body is metallic...i thought may be due to some reason charge got stored and when we touch it due to flow of charge into our body we feel shocked...if it is due to lack of earthing we should feel shocked continously ..but it is not the case ......shocks are short in time ...
    Well u see I have never heard this effect before have to check with manufacturers info

PS: If ESD is there your laptop will fail and so I am sure your laptop will have some way to discharge this Static potential without letting it pass through your body

But Age of the laptop becomes a determining factor if this is to work properly
  • Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    Rajasekhar Ramireddy
    thank u every one..........
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    rajtheking46
    my laptop has a metal body...sometimes i feel shocked when i touched particular portion of my laptop..and it is not so frequent..what might be the reason behind this..is this happenning due to lack of earthing to the building??
    it is due lack of EARTHING wire if it is done there will be no shok

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why are we using only 5volts or 12 volts as voltages for the electronic appliances???
Get ready for affordable and fully electric car in soon to going to launch in India now. Expected price is going to be INR. 12Lakhs (cardekho(dot)com) . Quick specs: Top...
Between parallel universes and alien life, many of us science fiction geeks have never really cared to consider the possibility that 100,000 years later we could still be in our...
Just stumbled upon this awesome video where a wooden Rube Goldberg Machine modeled after a cow's gastrointestinal system showing how it eats and shits stuff.
The displays have gone past beyond awesomeness but they don't let us touch and feel the virtual objects. NHK's engineers have developed a new tactile system which allows you to...