Get ready for USB 3.0!

I came across this post on Intel - #-Link-Snipped-#

Looks like the world has enough of USB 2.0 [the one that's in your pocket right now] and we are moving to USB 3.0. ;-)

Don't worry, commercial products with USB 3.0 capability are not expected to be released until late 2009.

According to #-Link-Snipped-#

"When #-Link-Snipped-# Maxed Out USB 3.0, will offer ten times the bandwidth of USB 2.0 - 4.8 Gb/s, which translates into a massive bandwidth of 600 MB/s."

What do you say, friends? 馃榾

Sneak Peak:-
[鈥婭MG]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good to know that 馃槈

I think I'm quite content with USB 2.0, haha. I suppose in the general public, those who always share large files *cough*piratedmoviesandsoftware*cough* will benefit the most 馃槢

Though, this I wonder: why isnt there collaboration with standardization bodies (like IEEE) and industrial giants? Take a look at Firewire for example. For sure costs of implementing Firewire would have decreased if everyone got involved with only one standard.

Not many of us have enjoyed the benefits of Firewire because of most of the industry chose USB instead. I'm pretty sure many engineers would have appreciated to have easy access to a more superior standard to connect their electronic instrumentation and measuring devices to the computer 馃槈

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please i need a project for my final year engineering project. My branch is Electronics & Telecommunication
Let's tail one sentence each to tell a tale to everyone. 馃榿 Okay, enough word play. I was wondering how many of us are good at story telling. But there's...
CEans, How do you like the idea of collecting best articles on the Internet in this thread? Here's the format for posting: Summary: Article Link: ***************************** I'll set the ball...
Hey People, I am a 2+ SE in an IT major. Like many employers, even my employer facilitates an MS / MBA from some of the most reputed Institutions in...
Hi, I have a set of LED lights i am going to put in the bathroom for accent lighting. The thing is the the lights have a transformer that is...